• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Telemetry output

Started by Piaman, June 21, 2016, 12:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piaman

Hi there.

I've tried the demo on two different motion sims but I can't seem to get any telemetry information from the game.

Is this a feature only in the purchased version?

I'd like to purchase it as long as I can get motion to work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

h106frp

The data required for motion simulation is available via the Proxy plug in interface and works for both registered and unregistered versions.

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?board=12.0

If you are trying to use the xsimulator plugin i believe that it is reported as currently out of date as GPBikes is now Beta8. The plugin interface is documented and the xsim authoring tools are free so you could create a new plug if you wanted.

Interested, any info on your simulator?

Piaman

thanks so much. Will try and see if i can make it work. I have two working on my third motion sims. I like the DIY part. Started with the DIY 3dof simxperience rig. Just finished a 1d0f seat bender and I have parts on order for a 2dof seat shaker (similar to simxperience style ) but complete diy with the worm gear motors.

Since i usually race by myself the 3 sims are already overkill so the next logical step will be tackling a bike sim. I started on some controller designs but motion is essential to the experience for me. I figured i'd test out to see what the motion plugin does on my car sims and then decide how best to implement it for a bike seat.

I have some details of the car rigs on my blog http://www.simformance.com

i haven't poked around the forums that much yet to see what other people have built but will for sure be spending some time here.

thanks again for the information.

Piaman

Do i understand this correctly that i need to compile a C program as a DLO to get the plugin. Or am I being blind and missing where i can download a working plugin ready to go?

h106frp

June 21, 2016, 02:22:36 PM #4 Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:28:40 PM by h106frp
Yep, if you use the supplied template you can create a .dll (DLO) that will present a copy of the game data to your own interface.

The values can then be retrieved using simtools memory mapped data area script

Love the rigs and the man cave - especially the fact you have the bike in there  8)

My unfinished rig using a c dll, vsc++ host and a PICUSB
https://www.youtube.com/v/YfeA1X4z21s

Piaman

after a long haul just started that bike after a complete rebuild this weekend.

Found the plugin in simtools. Was an issue with launching it as administrator for patching the plugin to the directory.

Unfortunately it crashes though and crashes simtools. Same thing happens with Sim Commander for my simexperience rig. Im pretty rusty for any programming. I'l investigate a bit further once I finish this third rig in the next week or so. I was getting a msvcr120.dll error which i traced to Visual Studio Runtime. maybe the dll is 32 bit and i downloaded the 64 bit one per my operating system. Just thought of that as I am typing lol

Piaman

got it working on a different test machine with motion. Will purchase it now that i have that functioning :) thanks for the help