• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:18:29 PM

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

April 08, 2016, 12:29:38 AM #450 Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:25:13 PM by vin97
I have an idea: Why not disable the lowside detection alltogether until you have developed a new algorithm (that does not depend on the rider's position) and let the rider hang on to the bike until the player decides to reset the bike?
May look a bit strange sometimes but a purely optical "bug" (I mean riders hang on to the bike when crashing from time to time) is still a lot better than having your lap/race ruined.

Maybe release as beta8b hotfix...
A (otherwise impossible) MotoGP chamionship with Manu's bikes would be good (obviously unoffical) advertisement for GPB.

Vini

matty0l215

You can't just disable a core mechanic of the game even if it is not working properly. It is not broken, just at very high lean angles the rider can't seem to detect a low side properly, so it needs adjusting not disabling. We're to far into the beta now.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Vini

April 29, 2016, 06:20:52 PM #453 Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:23:04 PM by vin97
I don't see any reason why you cannot do it.

The only difference will be that it will look a bit funny when the rider keeps hanging on to the bike once it has lost traction. But that's just a visual thing while crashing for no reason is not just a visual thing.

matty0l215

If there isn't a problem for the default bikes then why disable it. Piboso has stated MOD bikes are not officially supported so the the problem is only with Mod bikes then it's up to the Modder to fix. (yes I know it isn't easy to just "fix" if for the modder, I'm trying to think from Piboso's stand)

I know it is an annoying issue but time would be better spent working on a fix rather than hiding the issue.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Vini

It's the same problem for default bikes, how many videos do I have to make?

Disabling code would not really delay the development of new code, if PiBoSo is working on it at the moment at all.

Vini

May 28, 2016, 03:24:36 PM #456 Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:20:01 PM by vin97
so, piboso, what do you think of my suggestion?

a different question (probably been answered before, so everybody feel free to respond): why are the replays lacking so many details (cockpit, dash, levers, foot movement, etc.) that are available in-game and why is there no helmet cam (at least when not using head-tracking/freelook)?

doubledragoncc

AND..............why have the head always in the way of certain tank gyro cameras? All you see is the non-complete model of helmet, neck etc and it looks terrible? 

Some cams need the body, some dont, it should be possible to chose in the cfg file to make replays and live streaming far better in appearance.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 28, 2016, 03:32:54 PM
AND..............why have the head always in the way of certain tank gyro cameras? All you see is the non-complete model of helmet, neck etc and it looks terrible? 

Some cams need the body, some dont, it should be possible to chose in the cfg file to make replays and live streaming far better in appearance.

DD

In my opinion the Tank cam is as good as useless in it's current position.....  Why not just position the cams in the same places they do on TV?  ::)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Thats one thing Hawk but for action cams like onboard they need to be without half a frickin head!!! LOL

I can edit them myself but cant get rid of the head thats ALWAYS in the way for most tank gyro cams where it would be far better without a head that blocks the picture most of the time rendering the cam useless.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 28, 2016, 04:06:36 PM
Thats one thing Hawk but for action cams like onboard they need to be without half a frickin head!!! LOL

I can edit them myself but cant get rid of the head thats ALWAYS in the way for most tank gyro cams where it would be far better without a head that blocks the picture most of the time rendering the cam useless.

DD

Can't you move the tank cam forward so that the riders head doesn't get in the way?  ;)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Unfortunately on most bikes by the time you have the cam forward that the head is not in the way it collides with the bars or forks or it just looks useless. I have got a few to look alright but still not as it should be and that is not the point. Why have a shit cam when it can be made good if the replay system is fixed!!!

For now I can only do my best but it needs fixing or rather totally remaking.

DD

Vini

https://www.youtube.com/v/mcBRNq381iI?start=1358&vq=hd720
https://www.youtube.com/v/mcBRNq381iI?start=1811&vq=hd720

Quote from: vin97 on April 08, 2016, 12:29:38 AM
I have an idea: Why not disable the lowside detection alltogether until you have developed a new algorithm (that does not depend on the rider's position) and let the rider hang on to the bike until the player decides to reset the bike?
May look a bit strange sometimes but a purely optical "bug" (I mean riders hang on to the bike when crashing from time to time) is still a lot better than having your lap/race ruined.

Maybe release as beta8b hotfix...
A (otherwise impossible) MotoGP chamionship with Manu's bikes would be good (obviously unoffical) advertisement for GPB.
Quote from: vin97 on May 28, 2016, 03:24:36 PM
so, piboso, what do you think of my suggestion?

Vini

i don't think i ever posted this question in this thread, if so, just ignore it.
wanted to ask if we will get the rev limiter on the four strokes back in beta9?