• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:56:27 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

throttle curve configuration

Started by sdecorme, June 17, 2016, 03:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

very odd mate.

sorry if this is egg sucking - do you have smoothing off/linearity set for the throttle setting?

It is almost like you are only applying a tiny bit of throttle even though it appears you are at half throttle!

Never seen that. Logically thinking, it must be something it doesn't like about your USB card but I don't know why that would be. If you have another controller (eg: default xbox) pop it in and see if the game reacts normally. Then we know if it is game or controller at least. Maybe the game is not supporting your setup and once known maybe PiB can do something.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

sdecorme

The USB works fine because the info of the HUD works perfectly and the HUD take the same info as the game.

Napalm Nick

That is theoretical and therefore is not a totally sound conclusion. You must test it to be sure  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

sdecorme

I don't understand the directinput informations are the same for all ...

Napalm Nick

June 20, 2016, 08:00:36 AM #19 Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 08:16:42 AM by Napalm Nick
The actual game may interpret your signal input differently. Remember what you see as stick input (especially MaxHUD which is not part of the delivered game but a 3rd party Plugin) may not represent the games interpretation of the signal.:
The facts are:
We have never seen this.
You are using something different.

Splitting the problem (after investigating the game a bit) means the next thing to test is your 'different' thing.

If all is the same then we can investigate the game more.

Edit: Spello

h106frp

If you are using a home made rig what is the taper of your potentiometer? The symptoms you describe would arise from using a logarithmic (audio) taper rather than linear.

doubledragoncc

One thing you could try is by using x360ce software which will allow you to make an ANTI-DEADZONE, this would remove any dead area of movement.

This is what I use for Pilestone games but never needed it in GPB.

My setup video for it may help you.

x360ce can be used to fix problems with old worn out gamepads too!!!

https://www.youtube.com/v/Ts973LaWCFE

I have not tried it in GPB so not too sure about it. I will run some tests and get back to you.

One thing to note is that most potentiometers used in gaming are 10K linear pots. Just having a 5K or 20K pot would make quite a difference. Also some pots wear or are defective at the start and stop section meaning you have movement with no electrical output from the pot.

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 20, 2016, 08:00:36 AM
The actual game may interpret your signal input differently. Remember what you see as stick input (especially MaxHUD which is not part of the delivered game but a 3rd party Plugin) may not represent the games interpretation of the signal.:
Not really true: in MaxHUD, the Inputs widget shows the throttle as seen by GPB, i.e. after all filtering/deadzone/linearity.
The Joypad widget however shows the raw output of your input device (so without filtering/deadzone/linearity).

So on one point sdecorme is right: in his video the throttle is at 50%.

Quote from: h106frp on June 20, 2016, 08:10:09 AM
If you are using a home made rig what is the taper of your potentiometer? The symptoms you describe would arise from using a logarithmic (audio) taper rather than linear.
That should not make a difference because in the video above, with the throttle at 50% the bike revs up slowly: no matter the taper (log or lin), the output was at 50%.

One thing: did you calibrate your device in windows first ?

sdecorme

June 20, 2016, 09:09:52 AM #23 Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:13:21 AM by sdecorme
Here is the acquisition I've done
I've made a dll at 100Hz , I log RPM and throttle in same time
With my stick

here is a log with a logitech joystick

The problem is the same, the stick take about 200ms to go at 46% or 56% and the RPM take about 3sec to go at the final RPM
in attachement the complete log I've done  + the scilab script to view the curve

teeds

The graph for your stick looks to me like it's noisy and possibly not holding 100% all the time?

sdecorme

If you see correclty it is only +-1 around 55% of the throttle, it is not the problem the stick of the logitech is hard to block.

sdecorme

Finally, just reinstall the game and it works . ;D
I don't know which parameters I've modified but the mystery is finished.

Thanks for all