• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:10:27 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[GP Bikes] [INPUTS] RESOLVED !! Cannot accelerate AND brake at the same time...

Started by tchemi, June 29, 2016, 02:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tchemi

Hello guys !

Is there any way to de-associate throttle and brake inputs ?

I was just trying to make a burnout (Yes I know, It's stupid and useless. But so fun ^^) ans I realized that it is not possible to accelerate AND brake at the same time.
If I am holding the brakes, the throttle input is inert. If I am reving the engine and touch the brake, the throttle is cut immediatly.

I use automatic clutch. Is it the reason ?

Thanks in advance.

V

matty0l215

You need to get the x-input plugin

Here- XInput plugin

Put it in your gpbikes/plugins folder :D

Matty
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Vini

i wonder why it's not in the game by default.
i mean, how are you supposed to revmatch?

Hawk

You can put the throttle and brake on different axis in GPB. I'm sure they are not tied?  :-\

Hawk.

Steven

tchemi

Thank you @Matty ! I'll try this asap.

@Hawk : I have already set them on differents axis. I use my pad shoulders on a ps3 pad (emulated as a Xbox controller with motionjoy)

For the blip and revmatch, I think I am waaaaaaaay to far from this level of skill. I'm still learning quite everything  to my brain to adapt from real bike to a pad. But It's a very good idea ;)

matty0l215

Quote from: Hawk on June 29, 2016, 05:00:07 PM
You can put the throttle and brake on different axis in GPB. I'm sure they are not tied?  :-\

Hawk.

By default, the xbox 360 controller triggers are on the same axis (well it did on both my controllers)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Vini

Quote from: tchemi on June 29, 2016, 09:33:54 PMFor the blip and revmatch, I think I am waaaaaaaay to far from this level of skill. I'm still learning quite everything  to my brain to adapt from real bike to a pad. But It's a very good idea ;)

yes, it takes a while but to be honest it's not really worth it anyway. on the motogp bikes you don't need it because of the seamless gearbox and on the two-strokes, the gearbox is so unrealistic that it's basically seamless as well.
you definitely won't be going faster with it, which should really not be the case (at least on the two-strokes).
i just do it because it sounds nice :D

cutting the throttle for a split second when shifting up (like in the days without quickshifters) on the other hand will make you a lot faster on the two-strokes (and also often the motogp bikes due to the not-so-seamless upshifts).

tchemi

Quote from: vin97 on June 29, 2016, 09:45:00 PM
cutting the throttle for a split second when shifting up (like in the days without quickshifters) on the other hand will make you a lot faster on the two-strokes (and also often the motogp bikes due to the not-so-seamless upshifts).

I take this advice ;)

And Thanks for the plugin. It worked !!!

Vini

Quote from: tchemi on June 29, 2016, 10:31:57 PM
Quote from: vin97 on June 29, 2016, 09:45:00 PM

I take this advice ;)
little addition: you don't need to do it when accelerating in a straight line (could cost you some time there), it's just for stopping the rear from losing traction in and out of corners.

tchemi

Hello guys, I cannot access the XInputs plugin anymore. Do you know why ? The forum says that the subject is missing

HornetMaX

Quote from: tchemi on October 18, 2016, 06:50:35 PM
Hello guys, I cannot access the XInputs plugin anymore. Do you know why ? The forum says that the subject is missing
The xinput plugin comes with GPB in the last betas.

RC45

if we are talking about simulating 2 stroke GP bikes, the throttle blipping is mainly to allow lubricating oil into the rotating assembly since they run premix and while off throttle the entire rotating assembly is sans fuel and life saving lubrication.

So to better "live the thrill" you need to learn how to keep the fuel flowing when in traditionally off throttle situations.

Does GPB simulate 2 stroke engine seizing?

tchemi

I use rev match on my daily 4 stroke bike. It's not about lubrification but just for comfort. It saves the clutch and prevent hard engine-brake deceleration. It's just for smooth gear down.
Plus it gives you style when you reach the red light.