• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:08:15 PM

New track - Not counting the laps

Started by Manu, January 31, 2017, 05:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manu

I'm creating a new track and when I test it the game does not count the laps.

Why does this happen?
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Hawk

It's usually because you've got the left/right sector lines facing wrong way, eg: Left facing line going over to the right and vice versa for the right one.  ;)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

You must be ass about tit Manu or maybe it is because you guys drive on the wrong side of the road over there ::)

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 31, 2017, 09:06:14 PM
You must be ass about tit Manu or maybe it is because you guys drive on the wrong side of the road over there ::)

DD

ROFL!  ;D ;D

Actually it's a very easy mistake to make depending on what line-of-track your mind is in at the time..... I actually had the very same issue Manu is having right now with the Goodwood track because I made the very same mistake when creating the race data file for Goodwood. Lol!  I just couldn't figure out what I'd done wrong until I went through each individual sector marker making sure that each one was correctly lined up(left minus/right plus factors) and applied ;D

Let us know if you've got it sorted or not Manu. Thanks mate. ;) 8)

Hawk.

Manu

February 01, 2017, 05:14:59 PM #4 Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:18:29 PM by Manu
Thanks for the help guys.

The laps are counted but not the laptimes  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Counting s1, s2 and s3 but when crossing the finish line the laptime is not recorded  :'(
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Hawk

February 01, 2017, 05:59:46 PM #5 Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 06:02:34 PM by Hawk
Quote from: Manu on February 01, 2017, 05:14:59 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

The laps are counted but not the laptimes  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Counting s1, s2 and s3 but when crossing the finish line the laptime is not recorded  :'(

Try moving your S/F sector line and try again....... Alternatively, try lengthening and shorting the S/F sector line at places were it crossed possible joint edges in 3d mesh or any possible gaps in 3d Mesh. It can be a little sensitive at times when a sector line crosses these points.

Hawk.
PS: Id be happy to take a look at it myself if you could send me a download link for it mate. No problem.  ;) 8)