• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:05:03 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

29th July - OSexit - In or out?

Started by Napalm Nick, June 30, 2016, 08:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Probably only because it is an Enterprise version which is basically a multi user licence?

Other Single user keys are blocked from re-activating again (as far as I believe) to stop people upgrading to W10 then using the old key on a different PC. It was a lesson learnt from all those machines shipped as Vista with a W7 upgrade option. Free OS to everyone savvy enough to realise  8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Warlock

I'm gonna stick with win7 64bits until i die   lol  ;D

By mistake my wife upgraded the shop pc to win10 and the first time i tried to find the control panel i went mad  :P , i hate it, i hate cortana and i hate everything...i think i'm getting too old m8  ;D

Vini

Quote from: Warlock on July 01, 2016, 12:19:16 AM
I'm gonna stick with win7 64bits until i die   lol  ;D

By mistake my wife upgraded the shop pc to win10 and the first time i tried to find the control panel i went mad  :P , i hate it, i hate cortana and i hate everything...i think i'm getting too old m8  ;D
nah, win10 is just shit

Warlock

July 01, 2016, 04:52:43 AM #18 Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 04:56:56 AM by Warlock
Quote from: vin97 on July 01, 2016, 02:21:14 AM
nah, win10 is just shit

There are people who likes Justin Bieber ..... so i can hate win 10

matty0l215

Who or WTF is Cortana?

If it's like Siri for windows, is there anyway to burn the witch? I'm not going to be speaking to my computer and I don't need the search bar to have a fucking name :P ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

TFC

July 01, 2016, 07:13:02 AM #20 Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 07:16:24 AM by TheFatController
My biggest gripe with 10 is that microsoft assumes everyone using it has just bought their first ever pc.. when something goes wrong, either software or hardware, it's so damn hard to fix. The last version of Windows I remember having no problem with correcting problems would be either 98 (and all its iterations) and to a lesser extent XP.

These used the same framework so to speak, Vista started the trend of fancy and now we have Windows 10, where basic operations like formatting or replacing your install HD are plagued with 'safety' barriers, terminology intended for someone who shouldn't be formatting a hard drive and no real documentation. The Microsoft site is full of asking the same troubleshooting questions and being linked to different 'fix' pages, or irrelevant old pages.

No real clear info on things like how accounts, permissions / rights work, you think you've got it right then all of a sudden you can't write to your program files sub folders.. No initial clue on how to get rid of all the bumf.. Finding that all important setting you know Windows 'always used to have' is also a nightmare as they've changed the name to something cute and fluffy, and although they can code at base level and come up with something so complex as an operating system they can't seem to link the old search query with the new cute and fluffy term. You shouldn't have to Google every time you want to change a setting.

IMO W10 is still the best OS they've released since XP, I just think it should come with the option when installing:

Do you know what you're doing? Yes / No

doubledragoncc

LOL Matty

Cortana is a bitch, I think she is based on one of Bills hookers!!!

I dont use the cow..................besides why have a sexy female sounding PC when it cant................oh think I will stop there  ;D

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

teeds

Get the best of both, clone your drive onto some random disk and do the upgrade to win 10 and clone back. Then continue use your windows 7, 98 or 95 system safe in the knowledge that you can do a fresh load on your drive to windows 10 whenever you like on that system in the future if needed for free.

Luddites?  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on July 01, 2016, 07:56:52 AM
Get the best of both, clone your drive onto some random disk and do the upgrade to win 10 and clone back. Then continue use your windows 7, 98 or 95 system safe in the knowledge that you can do a fresh load on your drive to windows 10 whenever you like on that system in the future if needed for free.

Luddites?  :)
Not sure it will work: licenses are activated (and deactivated) online, so ...

Napalm Nick

Agree very much Mr  Controller. A nightmare to fix yourself.

Also not that user friendly - I remember the very first thing I did after installing W10 was saving a picture (a kitten I assume) from the Internet (using MS Edge). I could view it in the picture viewer but for the life of me I just could not find it anywhere on the hard drive.  Honestly, after much wasted time and thinking maybe it had gone to the cloud I gave up muttering something along the line of "FFS well done Bill, here we go again".

Teeds - a good idea but as Max says I think MS are being much more tight-fisted with the keys this time. Let us know if that works man  ;D

Cortana is actually a lady in your PC I think. Somewhere below the Motherboard, Like pictures though, no-one can find her.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Well I stripped my whole G75 laptop down to re paste the GPU and CPU and did not find her, if she was hiding she is now covered in sticky stuff...........thermal paste I mean.

Besides from the few tests with her I did she just did not understand what "shut the fuck up" meant!!! She insisted on making all searches for any request online and then with flipin Bing!!! I hate Bing!!!

Well she seems to have died somewhere in the goo and I hope I dont have a virtual zombie living with me!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

I tested Win10 in a virtual machine. You can upgrade from a non-genuine Win7 version as long as you are loading Win10 from a Boot-CD/ISO and are not connected to the internet.

It's simply not a desktop OS, it's smartphone/tablet OS.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on July 01, 2016, 04:31:15 PM
I tested Win10 in a virtual machine. You can upgrade from a non-genuine Win7 version as long as you are loading Win10 from a Boot-CD/ISO and are not connected to the internet.

Totally agree with you.... and another reason I really don't want to upgrade anytime soon, although I suspect there is an interface replacement so that you can have it as Win7? Yeah I think I did read that from one of you guys earlier in the thread?

Hawk.

Warlock

Quote from: vin97 on July 01, 2016, 04:31:15 PM

Exactly.
And i want my pc to be a pc not a tablet.

Hawk

Quote from: Guimengo on July 01, 2016, 06:29:55 PM
Screw Windows 8, 10, and M$'s plans of widespread control. I'll keep my W7 going through its final support date in 2020, but likely will keep it going past it, or move to a competitor OS if such is available. If PC games are not compatible, I'll just stop playing them.

I cannot understand why people slag-off MS? If it wasn't for Bill Gates and MS then PC's would probably still be stuck in the dark ages..... MS changed the ball-game big time for the mass PC market and should be respected for that.
Just because a product becomes the majority choice of the world is no reason to slag it off with crazy MS world control attitude.... The guy(Bill Gates) has done well for every PC owner so don't knock it.  ::)

You want to ask yourself that if it was so bad then why has it done so well?  :P

Hawk.