• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:31:32 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

CBR1000RR - SC59 - Street, Superstock1000, WSBK - Beta released

Started by C21, December 23, 2013, 10:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C21

Update - V02b(Street/SST)/V01(WSBK) released
Please delete all former folders of both bikes!!

Download here:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!SQtHlIgZ!MCARwG34LTMw8C4XYMkzMQ

For those who are not familiar with the different tyre brands and the Pirelli tyres:
Street is riding on Michelin Street tyres. Size 120mm front and 190mm rear (since V02).
Superstock is riding on the Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa (based on the FIM Superstock Rules 2013). Size 120mm front and 195mm rear, no qualifiers (not allowed acc. to FIM Superstock Rules)!

Front: (Pirelli label - Piboso label)
SC0 - soft
SC1 - medium
Rain - wet
Rear: (Pirelli label - Piboso label)
SC0 - soft
SC1 - soft-medium
SC2 - medium
Rain - wet
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it´s better to start my own topic  ;)

BTW:
Finished STD-Engine :-)

Re: Maybe no one noticed...
« Reply #72 on: Today at 10:05:09 AM »

Now developing the other engines.....will be available via Map-Switch (hopefully).
Map0 will be STD, Map 1 will be Track prepped, Map2 will be HRC Kit 2008 and finally the World Superbike engine on Map3 :-)
It´s more time consuming than i astimated....
I don´t know if it is possible to get transmission restrictions connected to different MAP settings or if it is only possible to the bike mod itself.
Normally you don´t have the possibility to change the gear ratios on the STD and Track prepped engines, you can change the sprockets only. Different gear ratios are only available for the HRC kit and World Superbike engine.

FYI:
I´m using the 2008 (RC59 - CBR1000RR) data because i have all data and specifications available for that bike in all different versions (as described above map0-3). I know that the 2012 engines in STD spec are a little bit stronger than 2008......

P.S.
If someone wonders why the power curve is flat from to 10500-13400 rpm....-> the engine is "restricted" by ignition retarding. You can easily get more power with advanced ignition ;-)

I will keep this threat updated.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

I'd say that different engine types (stock, track, hrc kit and sbk) would have to go to different mods.
Maybe one day we'll have records per bike (or per bike category) so it wouldn't make sense to have one single mod spanning different categories.

You may also run into troubles with the ECU: likely there's no TCS on the stock and tracks, but there may be on the sbk. Same for other controls (anti wheeling, engine brake etc). Just like with the gearing: stock --> no changes possible (well, this can be argued).

MaX.

C21

December 23, 2013, 01:09:03 PM #2 Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:25:10 PM by C21
Right on the point Max.
We´re still on delevelopment level (beta4b), so why not developing different engines.....the bikes will follow...;-)
We can play now and fix issues out.
I totally agree that the engines should bond to different bike mods but that´s not possible right now.
All engines do have slipper clutch, but only HRCKit has a  3step-Traction Control (very basic) and WSBK have stepless Traction control and Wheelie Control.

One important thing:
We have to change the physics also, because the WSBK suspension is way off the suspension used by the factory street bike.
It´s a long way to go.....to get real ;-)

C21

December 27, 2013, 07:20:05 AM #3 Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:46:23 PM by C21
Engines ready. Just testing on track....and adjusting other files.

Quote from: C21 on December 27, 2013, 11:55:07 AM
yes i have to...but i can only do the engines and some physics , i don´t have the time to develop the whole bike from scratch (incl. 3d modeling....). I know basically how to do that but i would need 48 hours days instead of 24h to do that additionally.  ;D
Engines are running good now but i´m still finetuning the files....due to lack of documentation i have to compare with other files and sometimes it is a try and error procedure.
But with every bit you getting more into it  ;)

BTW: (to get an opinion what i am doing.......and try to do -> most of that is also already done by neoraptor and his modded Yamaha R6)
Finetuning consist of:
- adapting fuel tank size,
- using original primary and secondary ratios,
- corrected rpm limiter and max rpm limit,
- adapt fuel consumption
- adapting cooling factor
- using original brake piston sizes and brake disc sizes
- adapting engine and chassis inertia
- adapting cda
- adapting steering damper
- adapting front and rear suspensions to real spring ratios and adjust capability of dampers
- removal of TCS and AntiWheelie in STD and Track version (only available in HRC and WSBK version)
- tbc.

Sometimes you get a little bit frustrated because it did not react as expected but there are the other momements when things work and the bike feels more "real" ;-)
In my opinion i will (if possible) release two versions.
Version one is based on the Original CBR1000RR Model year 2008 using the Standard engine (152bhp) and the Track engine map (173bhp).
This version will have a fixed gear set and you have no option to change the gearset. Brakes are also not adjustable. Size is fixed to 18mm front and 14mm rear with only Steel Disc available.
Version two consist of the HRC Kit Version (195bhp) and World Superbike Version (215bhp), with fully changable gear ratios based on the real gear ratios in the HRC Superbike Kit. Brakes will be only Steel but with different Sizes and 18,19 or 20mm radial front master cylinder.
Both bikes in Version two have different swingarm to the Version one bikes but i don´t know of i can get that adapted.
It will take some time but i´m not in a hurry. I prefer quality above quantity ;-)

C21

December 30, 2013, 07:35:33 AM #4 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:26:50 PM by C21
Update:
green -> done,
orange-> Wip ,
red -> not done yet

- adapt fuel consumption
- adapting cda
- adapting front and rear suspensions to real spring ratios and adjust capability of dampers
- removal of TCS and AntiWheelie in STD and Track version (only available in HRC and WSBK version)
- set rake to real and fixed value
- adapting bike weight  (M1, RCV213,GP8,996,RSV4, Murusama and the CBR1000RR (until now) all use the same Chassis weight.....which is not correct in my opinion)

STD renamed into Street.
There will be a Street and Track version (both using fixed gear ratios and smaller fuel tank) and a KIT and WSBK version (fully adjustable gears, bigger fuel tank but higher fuel consumption).

Abigor

C21

December 30, 2013, 12:19:40 PM #6 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:33:57 PM by C21
All i can say is: you won´t need 6th gear on Victoria with the Street version and 16/42 street gearing ;-)
It will be very different to the existing version with the murusama engine....
And:
It will be interesting to run and see the Street 152bhp version against the Supersport R6 140bhp bike  ;D
I think the lap times should be close (depending on the track).

I think....and that is a big THINK.....it will be available in the 1st-2nd week 2014. Depending on how much time i have for development and testing(!!) AND how satisfied i am with the results!
Extensive testing is much more time consuming...(i´m experiencing a lot of core.exe issues right now and i am not sure if it is the bike or the laptop - have to crosscheck it on the desktop gamer when i´m back in my own flat).
I´m not quite sure if i release the modified files only or if i release a full modded bike with new paint.

BozoCRO

What do you think about releasing your WIP bike so we can help with testing? Something similar to what Neo did with R6.
It would be fun and would take some of the work off your back

C21

December 30, 2013, 02:28:12 PM #8 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:49:25 PM by C21
I was thinking the same that 1-3 riders should test it before a full release will be done.
I don´t like to release something that will lead to core.exe crash or will not satisfy in terms of realism.
It´s even good to know how others think about the changes....and how they like or dislike the new engine.

I will have a look that i will release the Street/Track version this week to a few test riders to have a feedback of the WIP state. This version is nearly finished (thanks to JC#21).
My personal option for testriders are neoraptor, warlock, jamoz and maybe you aswell  ;)
It will be easier because i only have to zip the modified files and can send it to the test riders....and i don´t have to explain how to do this or that....

I will remove the TCS and AntiWheelie and than this version will be ready for testing.

Update:
- created Mega-Account

C21

Ok guys.
Looking for some testride(r)s  ;D
2-4 guys will be enough to get a feedback of the WIP.
Will release the Street version first.
Feel free to contact me and PN me if you´re interested.
Will provide a link to the files this evening (hopefully).
Files will be hosted by MEGA.

Update:
- adapt fuel consumption
- adapting cda
- adapting bike weight

I had to go a step back and re-used the harder front springs because i was not able to get a proper front setup setting with real spring rates (fork always went down to the end of travel with 19-21 N/mm springs) . Had to sort that out later....

JamoZ

I can do some testing if needed. What needs testing and what do i need to look for? I don`t know a whole lot about setups, so can`t help you there, but i sure as hell can ride the living daylight out of it  8)

neoraptor

I can also test it if you want.  :)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

C21

January 02, 2014, 11:04:53 AM #12 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:54:12 AM by C21
Thanks guys.  ;D
Jamoz, neoraptor and Peter will test V1.
I want to know how do you like the engine , handling, overall feeling of the bike. If there is a strange behavoir of the bike or anything else. Pro´s and Con´s. Likes and dislikes. Anything you like to tell me (about the bike  ;) )
And if there are core.exe issues.
i will contact you via PN and submit the DL-Link when files are uploaded this afternoon.

Warlock

puhhh !!  Jamoz testing??  :P ;D

Good 3 candidates there  ;)

JamoZ

I'm not an engineer, I can just ride things really really fast...that's part of testing too right?  8)