• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

CBR1000RR - SC59 - Street, Superstock1000, WSBK - Beta released

Started by C21, December 23, 2013, 10:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

haahah just joking m8, i know you are a good betatester  ;)

C21

January 02, 2014, 03:38:52 PM #16 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:41:06 PM by C21
File Link transferred to test riders.....let´s wait and see  ;D
I´m excited like a small child about the reactions.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

JamoZ

Haha , I'm sure it will be fine. Will start testing tonight,  still working atm ;)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: C21 on January 02, 2014, 03:38:52 PM
File Link transferred to test riders.....let´s wait and see  ;D
I´m excited like a small child about the reactions.

I am excited as a small child about the release  :P  thanks to all the modders - a lot of great stuff out there!!!
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

C21

@all testriders
I will Upload V0.2 tomorrow morning. It will solve the downshift issue.
Please don't use V0.1 anymore. Sorry for any inconvinience!

neoraptor

I just send you a "small" issues list ;D
I will redo the same with the v2 bike ;)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

JamoZ

I will start my test session later tonight ;)

JamoZ

January 03, 2014, 01:03:44 AM #22 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:07:00 AM by JamoZ
I`ve managed to ride around the gearbox problems peter was telling me about and on Paul ricard i was about an average of 4 seconds slower with this bike then my fastest lap on the Supersport R6. I think this is a quite realistic value for a stock street 1000. The brakes and engine powerband felt believable, but i didn`t like the sluggish feeling when throwing the bike trough a chicane. Overall my first impression was ok, but i`ll have to dig deeper into it when v0.2 gets released. The i can really open it up and ride the bike on its limits.

Hope you understand my feedback ;)

C21

Link for V02 send to testriders.

@JamoZ
Of course i understand what you are talking about  ;) See PM.
In my opinion 4 seconds are a good gap between a SSP600 and Street 1000. It will decrease on some other tracks.

C21

January 03, 2014, 09:16:45 AM #24 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:46:22 AM by C21
@testriders
Could you please take some time to test the R6 vs. Track Mapped (173bhp) CBR on various tracks (e.g. magny cours, brno and valencia) and report me the difference in laptimes and tell me the achieved max speed of both bikes?

The WSBK version is on hold  and will follow as soon as the Street version is done.

JamoZ

January 03, 2014, 07:46:22 PM #25 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:49:07 PM by JamoZ
Ok i just did an hour of testing and i found that the gearbox is still really clunky. I know it`s a streetbike but i have to leave almost a second between downshifts or else it will lock up as soon as i hit 2nd gear. This bike should have a slipper clutch that would take care of this right? As result of this the bike is just overall very hard to ride, something a Honda Fireblade isn`t known for if i can believe all the reviews. It`s supposed to be one of the easiest riding superbikes around. 

I`ve managed to reduce my gap between the stock mapping and the R6 on Paul Ricard to around 3. seconds with my fastest lap being a 1.26.64 on the Street bike and my R6 lap in the 1.23`s.
As result of the gearbox i wasn`t really able to go any faster on with the track settings as i had to brake even sooner and be more carefull on the downshifts. 1.26.35 is what i`ve been able to set with the trackmapping.

One other issue i found was that the bike didn`t lean enough. I suppose we are still using the slicks from GPB`s right? Even if we were simulating street tires i couldn`t get the bike to steer in sharp enough to really get it where i wanted it to go, and i ended up using the engine braking to tighten my lines in corners. Keep in mind that i did not change the stock setup other then the fuel & tires. This was tested with 8 liters of fuel and soft tires.

I`m not an engineer so i don`t know all the technical details of why a bike does certain things, but i do know when i feel that somethings not completely right.
Just trying my best to explain how i feel when riding the bike so that you can improve it ;)

Now i know how a rider feels when trying to explain the bike to his mechanic :P

Warlock

Quote from: JamoZ on January 03, 2014, 07:46:22 PM
Now i know how a rider feels when trying to explain the bike to his mechanic :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Ebi8dU6uU

from minute 0:20  ;D

JamoZ

C21

January 04, 2014, 10:28:36 AM #28 Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:47:34 PM by C21
Thank you Jamoz for your detailed reply.
I will check the downshift issue again. Do you have this with the R6 and Murusama also? I Want to know for Analysis of the Data.
Yes i'm also Aware of the Front end Running wide and the Bike will Not Drive to that Point i Want it to have.
I will check that also this Weekend and especially on Monday evening (will do a 3hour Test on my Desktop gamer to sort issues Out)
Next Update will be released Thursday.

C21

!!Important!!
V03 will be released tomorrow.
Don´t waste time with V02a anymore...it is a waste of time ..the locking rear issue has been solved in V03 (did a 1hour test and nearly 30laps)
I think with V04 the bike should be done. :D