• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:36:32 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Help with editor.

Started by WALKEN, December 16, 2016, 06:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WALKEN

Not much of a paint editor but here is where I'm at atm-

Downloaded the (wsr_templates & painted.exe) To keep it simple I just would like to paint the FR2000 white, so which file do I open in "GIMP"?  wsr_body.psd or b05_body.psd? I opened wsr_body.psd change the color in GIMP then exported it as a .pnt  even though it exported it did not retain the .pnt? Do I even need to use the "painted.exe or can I simply edit in GIMP then export where ever I want then place the file in the paint folder?

Sorry if this is confusing as I'm a bit confused. 
Help me, help you!

TFC

Save it as a .tga in its own directory. Open painted and find the directory, it should then display your paint and you can pack it as a .pnt. Chuck it in the paints folder in game and it should show up ;)

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Stout Johnson

December 16, 2016, 07:54:36 PM #3 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 07:56:49 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: WALKEN on December 16, 2016, 06:01:14 PM
I opened wsr_body.psd change the color in GIMP then exported it as a .pnt  even though it exported it did not retain the .pnt? Do I even need to use the "painted.exe or can I simply edit in GIMP then export where ever I want then place the file in the paint folder?

Sorry if this is confusing as I'm a bit confused. 

You also gotta make sure that the filename stays the exact same. If you edit the "FM7_BODYRC.tga", then it needs to have that same name if you pack this file with painted.exe into your personal .pnt file. And as far as I remember the whole .pnt file also has to keep its name (e.g. Walken_RX.pnt) as it is after you select "pack" in painted. Before you select "pack", you have to give the .pnt a name (e.g. Walken_RX.pnt) and then there pops up a "save as" dialog (save also as "Walken_RX.pnt" or whatever you chose before). As far as I remember the name has to stay exactly the same when saving, otherwise the file doesn't show up in game.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

WALKEN

Lots of help here  :) Thank you very much!

The current issue I am having is when I'm trying to "export as" the file from .psd to .tga it ends up staying as .psd in the folder I direct it to? So there for when I open the "painted" and direct it to change it (pack) to .pnt it does not see it? Is it a Gimp issue or me being a gimp?

You guys are the best ;)
Help me, help you!

Stout Johnson

Quote from: WALKEN on December 16, 2016, 08:02:47 PM
The current issue I am having is when I'm trying to "export as" the file from .psd to .tga it ends up staying as .psd in the folder I direct it to? So there for when I open the "painted" and direct it to change it (pack) to .pnt it does not see it? Is it a Gimp issue or me being a gimp?

LOL. I also use GIMP and I do not have this problem. Maybe select "export as" in GIMP? Then make sure the file ending is really set to ".tga". Then it should work ok.

On another note: When packing with painted also make sure to have only the tga files you want to pack into your new paint in one seperate folder. Then select "Dir read", then do the packing procedure laid out above.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

WALKEN

December 16, 2016, 08:48:57 PM #6 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 08:53:59 PM by WALKEN
OK , Stout,

I got it to be .tga in gimp. Made a folder on my desktop. Opened "painted" click :dir read I direct the path to which "painted" box says wsr_body I then click that which shows a picture of the template in white, then I hit pack and it automatically brings me to wsr_templates folder, then I click "save and nothing happens, lol.... Any ideas?

No mind, the GIMP being me did it, yeah! Not bad for being my first attempt  :-[
Help me, help you!