• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Hot lap replays and telemetry files

Started by mst, July 10, 2016, 08:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mst

July 10, 2016, 08:49:05 AM Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:05:27 PM by mst
I was among the slowest drivers at Iracing (not for lack of trying) (let membership lapse), and no surprise, seems to be the same story with GBP.   Guess I'm too old / never had the reflexes (my computer is too slow lol).

Watching Iracing replays of other drivers, (marginally) helped me speed up by seeing the correct racing lines, and speeds, braking etc.

It would be great if any of you could post a (link to ? ) GBP replay file of your hot laps.

Telemetry files are even better / preferred -  more info, much, much smaller file sizes !

While "youtube" videos are nice, they almost never have the replay "header" displayed (speed), and they obviously do not have the capability of switching camera views.

Right now I'm trying to get below 2:00 (helmet view), 1:50(3rd person ) at Imola_v1.2 (lol, I told you I was slow), and would love to see a ~1:40 or better replay

CapeDoctor

mst

Oh yeah, which bike  ;D

I've been riding the Ducati GP15 the most, but I haven't found a whole lot of difference between it or the Aprilia_RS-GP15 / _Honda_RC213V / Suzuki_GSX-RR / Yamaha_YZM-M1

Any 990cc / ~200 mph capable bike.

So whatever is your favorite  ;D

Blackheart

July 10, 2016, 03:03:18 PM #3 Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 04:08:29 PM by Blackheart
Here a my old vid, not a great lap, but is a 1:39  :P

https://www.youtube.com/v/7wxvZmB-OTE

The first post has been edited ... Before asking a replay, now the replay file for gpb lol

mst

>The first post has been edited ... Before asking a replay, now the replay file for gpb lol

Well I thought the meaning of  "replay" was obvious, as in the GPB replay menu.

If I wanted to see video, I would have written that  ;D

Anyway, thanks for posting your vid.

I've just found out about the telemetry file(s).  They are much more useful, and a whole lot smaller (being txt files).

So if you'd like to post your telemetry files, that would be great !

Blackheart

July 11, 2016, 03:24:00 AM #5 Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:25:51 AM by Blackheart
(There is the quote button, under "Font Size" or click on "Insert Quote" in a post :P)

I never used the telemetry in gbp, need just practice with different bikes. I played just a couple of hours this month (I wait updates, the beta 8 is too unstable) so I'm too out of practice for nice datas  ;D

P.S. If u ride +10/20 sec... U don't need the telemetry or replays lol

Vini

not using the telemetry plugin either. got many replay files, though.
if you are interested in telemetry, the best i currently have for you would be this video since it shows the inputs. also, the whole replay file from that night is linked in the description!