• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:38:28 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Speed Wobble

Started by Ryanoh4, July 18, 2016, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanoh4

Ok, Recently had to do a fresh install of gpbikes  >:(, done all the settings the same as before and now while standing the bike up out of the corner i get crazy speed wobble, the game is almost unplayable, just wondering if anyone has had this issue and resolved it. The bike in the video is stock settings which i used to ride with before the fresh install. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8EHtYQcOLM&feature=youtu.be

h106frp

Is your direct lean the same as before? High direct lean can make the bike sensitive to rapid roll rate changes.

Ryanoh4

All my settings are exactly the same, my suspicion was with the calibration but i have tried everything with that  :'(

Napalm Nick

Looks like wobble3zero to me. Beta 8 crucial physics problem. Mostly tuned out with adjusting bike setup.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Ryanoh4

Really? I tried longer swing arm with longer rake and trail, still happens also what's up with the gear change bounce on the motogp bike isn't it seamless? it's like the bike blips the throttle when you change gear which could initiate the bounce of the rear which could start a wobble  :'(

Napalm Nick

. Try maximum then minimum fuel load and see if that makes a big difference to the wobble. If so it is probably W3Z.  Does it affect all bikes you ride?
Suggest all motogp bike questions are put in Manus thread.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Ryanoh4

Yes it's with all the bikes I'll try the fuel load.

BOBR6 84

Not much wrong with that.. Look at the speed you are doing! Sometimes it feels slow but keep your eye on the speedo.. Wobbles make sense. Work around -3 with with the offset, fast front rebound.. Works for me anyway.

Ryanoh4

Fuel load on 2 made it a little easier, but the issue is that this wasn't a problem until i done a fresh install I don't know what changed but something did  ???

Ryanoh4

Anyway thanks for the help, any idea when the update is coming?

Napalm Nick

I understand your pain and the point it was better before. If it was better before then keep thinking what might have changed in your settings or (as you say) do the calibrations again a few times. Also sometimes we saw a problem in B8 (which I think PiBoSo has already fixed for B9) that means the profile settings are not saved. Triple check mate is all I can say.

One last try might be the surprising over-the-top re-installation. Cures a lot of niggles (though I doubt it will address your problem) but what the hell.

Beta 9 - who knows mate. Keep your eye on the daily dev log to see if GPB is moving up the priorities  ;) he's a busy chap.

Vini

well, the "seamless" gearbox on the motogp bikes is a known issue.
the upshift time is simply a bit too short, so it shouldn't be hard to fix (and it was better in previous versions).

however, i don't think it's possible to get the downshifts like on real motogp bikes, so keeping the engine at approximately the same rpm through the whole braking process.

Ryanoh4

Thanks nick i will try.

-aGy-

i cant drive motogp bikes but 500cc and moto2(b7) is ok..lot of wobbles and aah its shit..last time i watch motogp race when they exits from turn they get full throttle but when i play gpb its not going to happend because bike gets crazy. tcs need sorted out.and torque to the rear wheel..!!!no motogp for me!500cc or moto2 its my thing.. and why the h... you can go faster tcs off than tcs on?really not make sense.!

Vini

it does make sense and i've read that it's similar for motogp riders.
the main purpose of TC/AW is reducing injuries, increasing consistency and most importantly saving the tyres.

but of course you are right, getting 260hp to the ground without losing it in suspension and/or bike movement is difficult (a tiny bit of tc/aw helps but I just don't like it interfering with my throttle input so I don't use it).
most of the time you don't get it 100% but the few times you do, it's extra satisfying.
i will use my barcelona vid as an example again since it's the only one showing inputs. i think the only time i really got the maximum acceleration out of the last corner was at the very end of the video (watch the throttle):
https://www.youtube.com/v/mcBRNq381iI?start=2081&vq=hd720