• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:54:14 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Is it my imagination or.....?

Started by CapeDoctor, August 01, 2016, 09:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

August 01, 2016, 09:25:17 AM Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:27:15 AM by CapeDoctor
so, i'm having a hard time trying to figure out if what i'm seeing is an optical illusion, or if there is something wonky with the way the GPB bikes move in certain situations?
for my example, i'm going to use the Nemuno Ziedas v0.6 track (either NDS or not, don't matter) which is where i saw this behavior for the first time.
when you get to the first uphill climb in the last sector of the lap, and as you come over the rise and have the bike cranked over to the left, the bike (to me) appears to be moving sideways in a kind of crab-like movement, as opposed to turning with the line. it may be a trick due to the shadow in this section, as well - i'm really not sure.
i mean, the bikes behave fine, from a physics point of view - it just looks rather odd....?

p.s. - it's more noticeable the wider you take the crest/corner

i could post a vid, but i think it's better if people just tried it for themselves and tell me what their impressions are... cheers!   :D

PeterV

This is a well known fact, many times addressed by for instance Stout Johnson.

doubledragoncc

Yeah try Mugello and watch the crabbing it is even more obvious but nothing can be done until Pib sorts it out.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

CapeDoctor

oh, wasn't aware - thanks for the info, and good to know it's not all just in my head :D

doubledragoncc

Or is it because we see it too we are as crazy as you...................... :o

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.