• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:39:50 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Bug in RaceVehicleData() ?

Started by HornetMaX, July 24, 2016, 09:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

@PiBoso: during a replay (offline or spectating live), m_iGear in SPluginsRaceVehicleData_t seems to be always zero (it works fine when on track).

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 24, 2016, 09:27:04 PM
@PiBoso: during a replay (offline or spectating live), m_iGear in SPluginsRaceVehicleData_t seems to be always zero (it works fine when on track).

The gear is not saved in replays.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 24, 2016, 09:55:15 PM

That's bad. But not even when spectating live ? That's really unexpected ...

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 24, 2016, 10:18:33 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on July 24, 2016, 09:55:15 PM

That's bad. But not even when spectating live ? That's really unexpected ...

The gear is not even sent across netcode.

doubledragoncc

I can understand there is no reason to send gear info to another player but for replays and telemetry in would be useful.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 24, 2016, 10:37:55 PM
The gear is not even sent across netcode.
I'm confused: so what's the purpose of the m_iGear field of RaceVehicleData then ?!

Anyway, if we want a tv-style overlay with gears, we need that sent across in netcode (and saved in replays, no biggie I guess).
It seems strange that we can show the speed, throttle and brake of another bike, but not its current gear.

HornetMaX

@PiBoSo: Just noticed that in SPluginsRaceVehicleData_t, m_fFrontBrake seems to be always zero when spectating another rider (live or non-live) and when spectating another rider from a saved replay.

It works fine when on track or when spectating the local client rider (non live or saved replay).

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 27, 2016, 07:31:50 PM
@PiBoSo: Just noticed that in SPluginsRaceVehicleData_t, m_fFrontBrake seems to be always zero when spectating another rider (live or non-live) and when spectating another rider from a saved replay.

It works fine when on track or when spectating the local client rider (non live or saved replay).

At the moment the brakes' input is not sent across the netcode.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 27, 2016, 08:06:55 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on July 27, 2016, 07:31:50 PM

At the moment the brakes' input is not sent across the netcode.

Ouch. Let's forget how much time I wasted on that ... will gear and fbrake be sent in netcode in the future ?

HornetMaX

Side remark: the m_fThrottle in SPluginsRaceVehicleData_t seems to be the one "seen" by the engine, i.e. after traction control (and electronic idle). Not sure it's intentional (I doubt in reality we see this on screen).