• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:25 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Help Bike mods not working!

Started by D1ari, August 12, 2016, 01:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D1ari

I've installed the bike mods in the bike folder, but they don't seem to work. They don't appear in the menu and when i go to the track the game crashed, does anyone know why?

PeterV

August 12, 2016, 06:32:06 AM #1 Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 06:33:54 AM by PeterV
Do you have the Demo? if so the mods wont work, you need too buy GPB too unlock it.

But if you bought it.....then it sounds like the mods are not installed in the correct place.
Have a look here, GPB Unofficial Guide if you follow that it should be fine.

D1ari

I've bought the game and activated it, so that i've got more bikes then the 125, and i've made a bikes folder even the stock bikes are in the folder but when i put the new bike in it doesn't show up in the game and i've done it in the mx bikes game and it works fine

doubledragoncc

Mod bikes do NOT go in the same folder as stock bikes.

Mod bikes should be in the bike folder as in mine:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GP Bikes\gpbikes\bikes\GP500_Honda_NSR_2001

make sure you dont have the mod bikes in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GP Bikes\gpbikes\bikes\bikes\GP500_Honda_NSR_2001

It is a common error when unpacking bikes OR

Check that you dont have the mod folder inside itself which happens too:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GP Bikes\gpbikes\bikes\GP500_Honda_NSR_2001\GP500_Honda_NSR_2001

Hope this helps

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

D1ari

i put the folder that is inside the rar file with the mod into (programs (x86)/GP Bikes/gpbikes/bikes) or is that wrong?

doubledragoncc

August 12, 2016, 11:54:00 PM #5 Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:31:33 PM by doubledragoncc
What Mod are you on about? If it is a single bike it should be fine but if it is a set you must have each individual bike in the bikes folder.

Make sure that you do not have the mod bike folder inside a folder with the same name which depends on how you extract the rar file.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

niqou

April 25, 2018, 05:27:11 PM #6 Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:28:50 PM by niqou
Hey. I have the same problem. I have a bike folder with ROAD_Honda_900RR.pkz file. The motorcycle can be found in the menu, but when it chooses a motorcycle does not appear. If the game is trying to launch then it crashes.

C:\Program Files\GP Bikes\gpbikes\bikes\ROAD_Honda_900RR.pkz

What's wrong here?

doubledragoncc

You need to have the Stand file in miscs/stands and the tyre files in the tyres folder too.

DD

MuscleGamerHD

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 25, 2018, 05:33:59 PM
You need to have the Stand file in miscs/stands and the tyre files in the tyres folder too.

DD

But where can i find tyre for every single bike??

janaucarre

Hi, i think it begins to be very important to make something for the installation of the mods.
I know for most it is easy but almost every day someone asks how to do it.

Is it possible to implement a little script for an auto installation (for standard install of gpbikes only)?

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on November 14, 2018, 06:25:37 PM
Hi, i think it begins to be very important to make something for the installation of the mods.
I know for most it is easy but almost every day someone asks how to do it.

Is it possible to implement a little script for an auto installation (for standard install of gpbikes only)?

That would be a good idea Janau. ;)

Unless I'm mistaken, there are free install-maker apps available that could be used by modders to package their mods so that they self install when you double click the .exe file.

The only thing that might complicate things is if people have installed GPBikes at a non standard install address? I don't think the free install-makers would have the ability to search and find any particular install different from standard install for GPBikes? But certainly worth looking into..... Great suggestion Janau! ;)

janaucarre

I think those who installed gpb in a different folder know how to do for install mod correctly

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on November 14, 2018, 08:54:49 PM
I think those who installed gpb in a different folder know how to do for install mod correctly

Very true mate.  :)