• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:31:45 AM

SlovakiaRing........

Started by doubledragoncc, April 17, 2016, 12:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

No wuckers bro.

Shame we cant also chose each individual track cam. Would take getting used to but if you could chose a cam then zoom and move it woohoo lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 30, 2016, 06:03:59 AM
No wuckers bro.

Shame we cant also chose each individual track cam. Would take getting used to but if you could chose a cam then zoom and move it woohoo lol

DD

+1000 DD.  ;)

I'm sure we talked to Piboso about the very same idea a long time ago when he was talking to us about what we wanted for Live-streaming via the live replay function. So hopefully he will get around to allowing such functions at some stage. Let's hope so! ;D

Sounds like we're going to need a GPB production team to hold live stream events I the future.... Woohoo!  ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Here you go DD a revised TV camera set attached for streaming action at the humpybits
Hope you like. Wont cause any mismatch. I checked no jump to pits occurs but beware Auto mode as said above if there are a few riders as it may choose Pitlane camera randomly.

Drop it in the SlovakiaRing folder (rename the one there first if you want to keep it).
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Thanks Nick

So good to have people that think and care about the members here.

I just had the pleasure to meet Matty in person and it really made GPB feel more than just names in a forum. Thanks Matty.

I will give the cams a try, but knowing you they will be perfect so thank you on behalf of us all.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

I hope you didn't eat him  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

LOL

Matty is a cool dude.

Your TV Camera set is brilliant m8 Thank you. I only tested it in REPLAY online but need to do a LIVE replay test so someone needs to come on the server and be a test piggy.

Loved the jump cams exactly as I had wanted and not to short or too long coverage to make it just right.

You rock bro

DD

EDIT: GUYS download this camera set it is brilliant.!!!!

doubledragoncc

Okay, so the new cams are great, BUT I think it is a netcode issue for flashbacks to pits.

Online alone replay is perfect, Blacky came on to help and ran some laps and every lap had around 15 flashbacks BUT never in exactly the same place each lap!!! It seems that GPB has issues when in live replay on certain tracks, or in reality all tracks have one or two flashbacks it seems.

I cleaned my system and made sure all was peachy before I tested and it is the same in live replay. I have minimum of 6.28MB/s Upload speed and 160MB Download so should not be an issue. Blacky's ping was 30 so should also not be an issue. As I said it was 15 flashbacks per lap but not in the same place, I did not time them but it looked like close to every corner and could change due to rider speed not always perfectly the same. Need to test more but is defo iffy.

DD

Napalm Nick

Bloody hell  :(. Yeh that is baaaad! I will come to see it too (if I can sort out the 'bike mismatch' lol)

doubledragoncc

Ok....................so, thanks to Blacky and Nick for the test session. I will do a proper report in the morning as my beer is getting lonely and I need to straighten up lol.

Interesting results and short of it is.

No racing with wifi, that fuckin simple!!!

Full report in the morrow.

DD

Vini

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 30, 2016, 08:53:08 PMOnline alone replay is perfect, Blacky came on to help and ran some laps and every lap had around 15 flashbacks BUT never in exactly the same place each lap!!!
makes sense because he probably didn't take exactly the same line every lap.
i am pretty sure it's not a netcode thing. have been able to fix it everytime i got these problems by editing the camera files again and again until the "tolerance" was large enough.

Blackheart

No Vin, after several tests was the wifi, no big difference with the ping but with cable connection everything is normal.

Vini

interesting.
what was your ping approximately?

doubledragoncc

Blacky's ping was 30-33 and was tthe same with cable and wifi.

DD

h106frp

With WiFi you can have a good ping but poor performance.

Have you used InSSIDer to scan your neighborhood and move your router to a clear radio channel? This can help a lot if you have a lot of close neighbors who all have their routers set at shipped defaults. Switching to 5GHz band can also help to find free space.

doubledragoncc

SO to clear things up a bit. Nick and Blacky were on the server with me and we took turns watching live replay of each other with different bikes(to see if bike data size might be an issue) and single and double riders on screen. After quite a few laps it is 100% nothing to do with the bikes, NOT the track cameras at all.

Blacky reported he was using wifi and then connected using a direct cable instead of wifi. The ping remained the same as it should as it is a signal from the server and router the ping is taken from not the computer directly.

The connection during wifi from Blacky's PC to his router was obviously not perfect and caused the live replay to stutter and have flashbacks as the wifi could not supply an uninterrupted signal between the PC and router.

The cure was simply the cable connection. Many games allow online gaming using a router, but the netcode for those games is basically more stable and therefore has fewer problems. As we know GPB has netcode issues and this is just one more point it shows its weakness.

If you can connect with a cable while racing it is best to do so and it would be interesting to know who uses wifi when racing?

So for now, if you can, please try to use a cable and not wifi if possible. I also wonder if it could cause core crashes during racing as it is something that may upset poor wee GPB.

Naturally this will also allow far better live replays for live streaming.

DD