• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Collision with ghosts?

Started by davidboda46, January 16, 2019, 10:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

This might be a bit out there, but, since we can't race against AI, and that will not happen since Piboso doesn't like the idea, what if we could have the option to have the ghost be collidable (and you can load multiple ones so there is more than one to get around)? I know, it would be more like trying to avoid other riders on a track day instead of real racing, but it might be a fun challenge to figure out how to get past your ghost without crashing into each other. Of course this would also mean that the ghost can ram it up your arse... so there is pros and cons with this idea...

What you guys think? Could be fun or just plain stupid?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

doubledragoncc

I like the idea. You can load multiple ghosts and can be different bikes too the last time I tried it.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Collideable or not as an option would be best I reckon. I think it's a good idea.  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

janaucarre

The problem begin when a ghost hit you from rear, no ?
You are a little bit slower than it somewhere and bammmm

Manu

January 16, 2019, 09:36:25 PM #4 Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:10:48 PM by Manu
Quote from: janaucarre on January 16, 2019, 08:09:33 PM

Exactly. The ghost will run over you mercilessly.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Syd

I thought adding a ghost was reprehensible for a near enough sim, nevermind wanting to interact with it. Put me in the 'no, just plain stupid' group I think 😉

davidboda46

Quote from: Manu on January 16, 2019, 09:36:25 PM
Quote from: janaucarre on January 16, 2019, 08:09:33 PM

Exactly. The ghost will run over you mercilessly.

Well, I did point out this problem. A "fix" might be to have the collision box activated and de-activated depending on if the ghost is infront of you or behind. So like a rule that when the ghost is 10 meters ahead of you the collision box turns on. When you pass the ghost the collision box turns off, and if the ghost passes you, the collision box turns on again when the distance is more then 10 meters between the two... or something like that... I have no idea if it's even possible to do, I'm just throwing it out there while waiting for the new beta. And also, anyone who has ever played a milestone game will be familiar with AI ramming up your ass!  ;D . And when I think about it, a ghost based "AI" would be more realistic than the Milestone version, since the Milestones AI seems to run on rails, the Ghost is based on your previous laps, so it makes mistakes, takes different lines and so on. Can't remember which car racing game it was that did something similar, basing the AI on the online players riding.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46 
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"