• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:12:17 AM

GP Bikes beta9

Started by PiBoSo, September 30, 2016, 07:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: Stout Johnson on October 01, 2016, 10:28:58 AM
@Piboso: Can you please elaborate on what you standpoint on the grip level in GPB is (Davide and myself already gave feedback on the seemingly to much grip). Do you acknowledge it being to high? It would be interesting and possibly fruitful to engage in a conversation on that from a physics stand-point. I think if you can nail this, you could really make the physics almost perfect and allow for realistic power slides and trail braking. Realistic sliding and wheel spin behaviour are also especially important for MXB, so I think this would be important across those 2 sims.

The tyres' physics data must be tuned to loose more longitudinal grip at high camber angles.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Update: Did my first testing on Victoria. Now I did some laps on Aragon and I have to say Congrutalions Piboso!!! It is really a huge step into the right direction phyics-wise. The improvements in the rear suspension simulation are huge. In general one can now ride the lines like in real life, because under load the bike now has the tendency to get the front towards the inside (towards oversteer). I think this will be great for MXB too.

In corners with slope there is however still some weird suspension/wheel alignment behaviour noticeable and the bike also understeers noticeably.

@Piboso: Can you please elaborate on what you standpoint on the grip level in GPB is (Davide and myself already gave feedback on the seemingly to much grip). Do you acknowledge it being to high? It would be interesting and possibly fruitful to engage in a conversation on that from a physics stand-point. I think if you can nail this, you could really make the physics almost perfect and allow for realistic power slides and trail braking. Realistic sliding and wheel spin behaviour are also especially important for MXB, so I think this would be important across those 2 sims.

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 01, 2016, 10:33:57 AM

The tyres' physics data must be tuned to loose more longitudinal grip at high camber angles.

CAWS has been testing new(tuned) tyre physics models on bikes and are starting to really get some good realistic results with tyre grip characteristics that give progressive grip qualities related to speed/power/throttle inputs/lean angles instead of all or nothing type grip we often see on default tyre models. This is leading to realistic tyre performances in our tests, but for sure tuning the tyre physics data is making a massive difference to the feel and realism of the tyres. We'll keep testing until we feel we've really pinned these qualities down correctly and will be adding these updates to our bikeMODS(CAWS) hopefully soon ;)

Hawk.

teeds

October 01, 2016, 10:59:32 AM #32 Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:01:40 AM by teeds
Good update, really like the feel and the new reset. VR is fantastic despite some menu problems as stated. The biggest issue I found though was crashing at high speed, made me feel nauseated when the bike starts spinning around, ended up closing my eyes to combat it. Could do with the text being locked to the bike and not around the edges of the screens, can't quite read it although you can see it's there. Going to be a little bit slow for a while.

8)

https://www.youtube.com/v/3mv1sPYXuj0&feature=youtu.be

HornetMaX

You mean that ? http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3760.0
Because at the moment I don't see any longitudinal grip drop with camber, due to the above.

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on September 30, 2016, 11:48:20 PM
Is it me or is the xinput plugin not working anymore? it`s in the correct folder but i can`t use independant triggers...kind of a big deal as i manually blip the throttle during downshifts...

Quote from: Stout Johnson on October 01, 2016, 09:14:09 AM
Edit: xinput plugin really does not seem to work anymore

It works fine for me, separate triggers.

HornetMaX

And yeah, I love the new respawn as it is, even if you may respawn mid-track in the wrong direction  (you can always "walk" the bike).

As reported by others, the fact that if you stall the engine without falling then your only option is to go back to garage should be corrected.
Maybe just allow to restart or, if we want to get fancy, push start (same as in KRP) unless a bike has an electric starter (in which case if you stall or fall, then you have to restart the engine pressing the button).

doubledragoncc

Thanks Piboso. Seems better and love to be able to chose riding style too now.

I have had a few core crashes coming offline??? I just setup the servers and need to test them fully but seemed odd as never happened before in beta8

I had a weird thing as well after watching a replay of a local hosted test. As I left the server and was back at the GPB start screen I still had the top overlay from the replay showing on screen. Only happened once but thought ot point it out.

It really was a step in the right direction. Great work

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Stout Johnson

Ok, thanks for the info.

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 01, 2016, 12:10:42 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on September 30, 2016, 11:48:20 PM
Is it me or is the xinput plugin not working anymore? it`s in the correct folder but i can`t use independant triggers...kind of a big deal as i manually blip the throttle during downshifts...

I did overwrite with my old plugin file from beta8 and now it works fine.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Timbo

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 30, 2016, 07:48:03 PM
Known bugs
- Unfortunately, the 125 bikes are completely unplayable, for reasons yet to be discovered, despite trying to constantly improve the physics and the data realism.

Not for me - 125 is awesome (maybe too good) - I was straight into the 1:42s around Victoria and soon in the low 1:40s which is way faster than I've been before.

Maybe there is too much grip (as some have said) but it is fantastic fun! Anyway great job PiBoSo!!

Saemon No Jyo

;D Thank You

Arigato

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on October 01, 2016, 12:55:58 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on October 01, 2016, 12:10:42 PM

I did overwrite with my old plugin file from beta8 and now it works fine.
I did nothing special, just plain GPB beta9 install and xinput is working fine. Strange you (and Jamoz) have the issue.

Steven

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 01, 2016, 12:29:18 PM
As reported by others, the fact that if you stall the engine without falling then your only option is to go back to garage should be corrected.
I think min/max lines and the new checkpoint lines (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3565.msg63697#msg63697) have to be created for all the tracks to make this work as intended.

Davide74

+1 Toomes.

Quick thoughts from 1hr of testing this morning.

pros:
+ wheel alignment, suspension simulation much improved. from my impression it is not perfect, but much better
+ overall suspension behaviour seems to be improved
+ lovely rider animations
+ very good new reset function imo
+ bike behaviour in dirt, sand much improved

cons:
- too much grip on tarmac (without TC rear wheel only spins in extreme lean and even then very predictive; front wheel also has too much grip, when braking hard and abruptly mostly the rear comes up, whereas the front should fade even in small lean angles when all brake power is applied abruptly, before weight is transferred to front, during lean; the front only fades in high lean angles)

Generally some nice improvements. But with those super-gripping tyres it feels very arcade-ish. If you can get the grip right and allow for the right amount of wheel spin like irl, GPB would be almost perfect physics-wise.

+1 friend

Hawk

Quote from: Steven on October 01, 2016, 03:35:40 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on October 01, 2016, 12:29:18 PM
I think min/max lines and the new checkpoint lines (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3565.msg63697#msg63697) have to be created for all the tracks to make this work as intended.

If the checklines mean bikes are respawned onto the track surface then why would we want to update the tracks with this? Min/Max lines also are useless for respawn as we know from previous betas.  :)

Current new respawn is exactly how it should be, brilliant!  ;D

Hawk.

Vini

Quote from: Hawk on October 01, 2016, 04:10:41 PMCurrent new respawn is exactly how it should be, brilliant!  ;D
except for the runaway bikes.