• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:27:27 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta9b

Started by PiBoSo, October 05, 2016, 11:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on October 06, 2016, 01:48:22 PM
If the Track MODS are updated to allow bike reset onto the track surface after pressing the reset button for 3 secs then that would totally negate the new bike reset system because "Gameboys" would just reset their bikes onto the track surface every time they crashed and gain a big advantage in races.  >:(
One point: it will reset after 3 sec if the track is clear (no other rider incoming, just like before). If not, you'll have to wait. If you go with the new reset option, you can restart immediately.

I haven't verified this but it's my understanding of how it works (i.e. just as before).

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 06, 2016, 06:41:16 PM
Quote from: Hawk on October 06, 2016, 01:48:22 PM
If the Track MODS are updated to allow bike reset onto the track surface after pressing the reset button for 3 secs then that would totally negate the new bike reset system because "Gameboys" would just reset their bikes onto the track surface every time they crashed and gain a big advantage in races.  >:(
One point: it will reset after 3 sec if the track is clear (no other rider incoming, just like before). If not, you'll have to wait. If you go with the new reset option, you can restart immediately.

I haven't verified this but it's my understanding of how it works (i.e. just as before).

But what about when your in the lead by a good few secs and crash? That will allow you to reset the bike directly back onto the track surface straight away and maintain your lead so much easier? That surely would be a big advantage and an unfair one too in my opinion when you also have other riders in the same race using the new B9 reset system.

In race events, admins need to be able to control which reset system is used....... I just cannot understand the thinking behind keeping both reset systems without some form of server admin control in GPB when one reset system negates the whole point of the other.

Hopefully some form of server admin control will be implemented soon.

Hawk.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Hawk on October 06, 2016, 08:09:30 PM
But what about when your in the lead by a good few secs and crash? That will allow you to reset the bike directly back onto the track surface straight away and maintain your lead so much easier? That surely would be a big advantage and an unfair one too in my opinion when you also have other riders in the same race using the new B9 reset system.

In race events, admins need to be able to control which reset system is used....... I just cannot understand the thinking behind keeping both reset systems without some form of server admin control in GPB when one reset system negates the whole point of the other.

Hopefully some form of server admin control will be implemented soon.

Hawk.
+1
Completely my thoughts. Very well put.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

I agree with you Hawk, just like you I'd be in favour of allowing *only* the new respawn mechanism.

The only concession I would do is for offline (and eventually online) testing session: here instant on-track-with-good direction respawn could be allowed.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 06, 2016, 08:36:31 PM
I agree with you Hawk, just like you I'd be in favour of allowing *only* the new respawn mechanism.

The only concession I would do is for offline (and eventually online) testing session: here instant on-track-with-good direction respawn could be allowed.

I'd largely agree with what your saying there Max, but until there is some admin options to control the use of the two reset systems during race events then I personally wouldn't actively participate in updating the tracks myself...... If the "authors" of their tracks would care to update their tracks and send them to me then I'd be happy to update the database as usual as that is part and parcel of being the Track Downloads Database admin.  :)

Hawk.

Reactive

Had found XInput in menu, calibrated it and... i have to say its really pleasure (I talking about Mura). The motorcycle is far more predictable. The only important thing left to repair is the situations when bike falling down inside some turns, especially in slow turns. I recommend to test it on tracks Ledennon, Tsukuba or kart tracks.
Otherwise, as for me, the physic is finished.
Force reset (3sec) must reset whenever bike is and whatever speed it have. This will cover situations when bike riding without rider and when bike falling in space (holes in forever unfinished tracks). Simple — 3 sec and reseting with no questions and provisos.
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

HornetMaX

Oh come on, you're bitching here Hawk. It is true that not everybody may like the new spawn. It is true that Victoria behaves correctly but some mod tracks may not.
Then yes, I'm with you about the server side option for reset type, but if this is done one day by PiBoSo, we still need to update the tracks, soooo ...