• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes Controller from recycled old materials

Started by poumpouny, November 03, 2016, 02:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

Hi there, i'm new here, i bought gp bikes for about 1 and half a mounth, i played 2 times with gamepad and notice that it's just too realistic (physics) to be played with joystick, i've searched for bike controller in the web and appart some custom made(too expensive for me)  and the truthmaster shit one (that is no longer on sale) it simply doesn't exist, so the only way was to make it my self.

I've copied the AI System (double dragon) for the pedal. Mine looks prety ugly, no 3d print here but it works well, and it's the only thing that matters to me.

Tested it this WE and it is thousand more precise and fun than gamepad.

https://youtu.be/04JTvtLEuW8

PS : I don't know how to attach youtube video directly to the thread !

Blackheart

I appreciate the imagination ... but a phone on your head? Its too much for me  ;D

poumpouny

hahahaha, i've managed to attached it to a helmet lol, so now i wear helmet when i play gpbikes hahahah, it's getting better or worse hahaha it depends .........

doubledragoncc

I think that is very well made m8. It is not as ugly as some lol
Very well done

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Love the ingenuity! If it works then that's what matters mate!  Well done! ;D 8)

Hawk.

teeds

Nicely done fella looks sweet, I'll bet you're enjoying using it  :) You don't look silly at all with the phone on your head, what if it rings? ;)

poumpouny

hahah, thanks, no way for it to ring, it's in airplane gpbikes mode !  ;D

tchemi

Bien ouej !

It is brilliant and it seems like you have made it very quickly. Can you share the specs ? Like, what is the base, where did you find the analog controllers, what card or chip are you using etc...
Honestly, I think you should try counter steering !!

poumpouny

Thx,

It's pretty simple 2 USB standard joystick canibalized to serve as main board (one for the wheel and one for the pedal, needed 2 because the usb controller only have 4 analog axis and  we need 5 axis (throle, steering, clutch, front brake and rear brake ). the pedal doesn't work in milestone game since it doesn't support 2 joystick inputed in the same time . I've canibalized one other USB joystick (pretty cheap aprox 5 USD) just to take the analog controller and deport it for the (cluth and front break) then rewired to the main analog . i'v buy 2 potentiometer (1.5 USD each) for the throttle and the rear brake and wire it into the analog port. I'm planning counter steering but it seem complicated (readed the other thread).

Sorry for my english !

davidboda46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

poumpouny

hi david, thx, you're Lucky man, you have force feedback  8)