• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:46:58 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[REQUEST] Tracks modification for Beta9

Started by andrea.fiorelli, November 01, 2016, 09:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrea.fiorelli

Good morning to everyone in the team, I think I can speak for the whole community with this request for modification of the tracks. With the arrival of the new Beta 9 has changed the way we do respawn and the tracks require a check line that is present only in Victoria, can you, with time, be able to include this check line in the all tracks?
Thank you so much, Andrea

Hawk

Quote from: andrea.fiorelli on November 01, 2016, 09:15:36 AM
Good morning to everyone in the team, I think I can speak for the whole community with this request for modification of the tracks. With the arrival of the new Beta 9 has changed the way we do respawn and the tracks require a check line that is present only in Victoria, can you, with time, be able to include this check line in the all tracks?
Thank you so much, Andrea

Personally, I've been thinking about this a lot since beta 9's release, and although personally I don't like the thought of riders being able to respawn directly onto the track and risk suddenly appearing in the line of an oncoming riders and causing unwarranted crashes, it's really up to race control of events to decide which respawn function is to be used during events and DSQ anyone who does otherwise.

However. Having said that, Piboso(in his daily dev thread) has already updated GPB for the next beta release to include the respawn function directly onto the track again(as I understood the post), so there's really no point now to go through all the tracks I've permissions to alter to put in these check lines unless Piboso can now give me good reason to do it before beta 10 release? Piboso?  :)

Hawk.

andrea.fiorelli

I think that the beta8's respawn is good (wait for the other riders pass and directly on track) but it is only my opinion...if PiBoSo thinks to return to old respawn this post it can be closed.
Thanks, Hawk

lkslodzkzn

I think resert option in 9c is good (more realistic) because You need more focus on good riding to not fall only minus is when bike can ride itself after crash;P

Napalm Nick

November 01, 2016, 02:07:28 PM #4 Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 02:14:15 PM by Napalm Nick
I think the new respawn is perfect and exactly what we asked for, with the addition of being able to respawn to track / pits if wanted.
Personally I would like to see that last option removed for racing - maybe a server option at minimum.

I have yet to notice if a respawn to the track is dependant on other rider position like in B8 but I assume it is, and if so then no worries it might as well stay.  :)

Maybe a guide could be made for people to add the track lines if wanted to spread the workload?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

My understanding is that right now (beta9c) if the track has no check lines then holding the respawn button for 3sec will send you back to the pits (which s not very good).
This is a track problem: all tracks should have check lines. So I'd be in favour of Hawk doing the job of updating all the tracks he can 8)

But as pointed out by Hawk, PiBoSo has already included in the next beta a check so that if the track has no check lines, holding the respawn button for 3 secs will behave like in the past betas. That means that even tracks with no check lines will behave in an acceptable fashion.

Bottom line: Hawk, you can take your time but it would still be nice to have our best tracks updated, one day :)

andrea.fiorelli

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 01, 2016, 05:47:47 PM
My understanding is that right now (beta9c) if the track has no check lines then holding the respawn button for 3sec will send you back to the pits (which s not very good).
This is a track problem: all tracks should have check lines. So I'd be in favour of Hawk doing the job of updating all the tracks he can 8)

But as pointed out by Hawk, PiBoSo has already included in the next beta a check so that if the track has no check lines, holding the respawn button for 3 secs will behave like in the past betas. That means that even tracks with no check lines will behave in an acceptable fashion.

Bottom line: Hawk, you can take your time but it would still be nice to have our best tracks updated, one day :)

Good...
then...correct me if I don't understand...
1 touch reset button...respawn on grass/gravel
press for 3 second reset button...respawn on track like beta 8

I like this!!!

HornetMaX

Quote from: andrea.fiorelli on November 01, 2016, 06:58:37 PM
Good...
1 touch = reset where the bike stopped (guess that's what you meant).

More precisely: like beta8 if track has no check lines, using the check lines if the track has them.
In the end, it means you'll respawn somewhere on track after the 3 sec delay  (+ once there's no close bike).

andrea.fiorelli

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 01, 2016, 07:11:37 PM
Good...
1 touch = reset where the bike stopped (guess that's what you meant).

More precisely: like beta8 if track has no check lines, using the check lines if the track has them.
In the end, it means you'll respawn somewhere on track after the 3 sec delay  (+ once there's no close bike).

I know how work it now ;)
"touch reset"...bike respawn where bikes stopped...99% of time on grass/gravel  :'( :'(
"press for 3 second", if there isn't check line (only Victoria has check lines), bike goes to pit...but in future, on beta10, I hope "press for 3 second" respawn on track...like beta8 :P

Hawk

Can you post me a list of the tracks you'd all like to see have the check lines first(your most popular tracks) and I'll see what I can do. Thanks.  ;) 8)

Janau is updating Monza right now, so I'm presuming he'll include the checklines in that update.... Janau?  ;)

Hawk.

janaucarre

Hawk

Quote from: andrea.fiorelli on November 01, 2016, 01:37:25 PM
I think that the beta8's respawn is good (wait for the other riders pass and directly on track) but it is only my opinion...if PiBoSo thinks to return to old respawn this post it can be closed.
Thanks, Hawk

But that was exactly what everyone was complaining about the old respawn function: That if you crashed you couldn't respawn until all the bikes had passed through and that mean't that your race was screwed? Plus the bikes were respawning directly in front of other riders at times causing unavoidable accidents and ruining other riders races?

At least with the new bike reset function you can reset the bike straight away and just make your way back onto the track as you would in reality if you crashed and managed to be able to pick your bike up and continue the race(That's if your bike wasn't too damaged to continue in the event).  :)

I just don't understand why when Piboso gave us what we wanted and asked for, many now seem to have decided that the old way was better. Piboso must be banging his head against the wall thinking he just can't win here. LOL!  ;D

Personally I love the new bike reset function because it's more towards reality.... All that's really needed now is for the bike modders to change the tyre grip level for the grass and maybe sand/gravel surfaces so that the bikes don't feel like they are riding through muddy sludge when on grass and sand surfaces; I'm sure that would help a great deal with this situation.  ;)

Hawk.

Warlock

Quote from: Hawk on November 02, 2016, 01:22:13 PM
Quote from: andrea.fiorelli on November 01, 2016, 01:37:25 PM
Thanks, Hawk
Personally I love the new bike reset function because it's more towards reality.... All that's really needed now is for the bike modders to change the tyre grip level for the grass and maybe sand/gravel surfaces so that the bikes don't feel like they are riding through muddy sludge when on grass and sand surfaces; I'm sure that would help a great deal with this situation.  ;)

I agree.
The only annoying thing is the slippery grass and gravel (apart of being stuck on walls, etc, of course), without that, its just perfect. We have raced quite a few times , very long races , with this system and its nice.