• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:55:54 PM

Monza

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2016, 09:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Today I saw the news about the free pCars version with Pagani cars.
I decided to give it a go, just to check out the graphics.
Did a few laps at Monza with the "sim" physics, at a ( slow ) pace of around 1:55, using the least powerful road car.
For sake of comparison, I then started WRS and did a few laps with the GT car at the Monza mod.
I was shocked to find out that I was lapping at a pace over 2:10  :o
Panic mode! What is wrong? Could pCars be uber-arcade? Let me check the real GT3 laptimes... No, they are under 1:50
Then there must be something terribly wrong in the WRS GT car!  :(
I fired up a YT video of a lap of a GT car with on-screen telemetry for a side-by-side comparison with a WRS replay.
Everything seems roughly correct: top speed, corner speed, braking points, ...
But then the clouds open up when I realize that the straights look awfully longer in WRS...
I open the track with TrackEd and in shock and horror I discover that the track is 7 ( seven! ) KM long!!!  >:(
Who did this? Why? Isn't it possible to have a proper Monza?  :'(

P.S.
For the record, the real track is 5.8 km long.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

BOBR6 84

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 29, 2016, 09:30:33 PM
Why? Isn't it possible to have a proper Monza?  :'(

Add one!!?  ;)

Blackheart

October 29, 2016, 10:47:13 PM #2 Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 10:51:00 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 29, 2016, 09:41:54 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on October 29, 2016, 09:30:33 PM
Why? Isn't it possible to have a proper Monza?  :'(

Add one!!?  ;)

Its a good idea, I love Monza, but also the asphalts textures are ugly for ride in 1p view, and Victoria for me its the best track in gpb for quality.

Any chance for a Piboso's version of this track?  :P

PiBoSo

It's probably better to not make an official version, for two reasons:
1) it's not a GP motorcycles track
2) It's still in the F1 calendar, and Bernie means troubles

BozoCRO

There was once a realistic version of Monza, but there was no way in hell to reach realistic top speeds, so someone made the straights longer  ;D

If I remember correctly Murasama could barely reach 300 km/h on the "realistic" version.

PiBoSo

Quote from: BozoCRO on October 30, 2016, 08:32:22 AM
There was once a realistic version of Monza, but there was no way in hell to reach realistic top speeds, so someone made the straights longer  ;D

If I remember correctly Murasama could barely reach 300 km/h on the "realistic" version.

Blackheart

Quote from: BozoCRO on October 30, 2016, 08:32:22 AM

Sounds strange... the real Monza straight is long 1194m...  :P

janaucarre

Hi, i will give some changes if i find original files,  sorry for the wrong length but i prefered the right width than the right length

janaucarre

All the tracks i convert are with permission from modders, the problem is that every conversion needs a complete rebuild of the asphalt and, to not having many holes, the borders and the kerbs need to.

BOBR6 84

you did a good job on monza janau! good track, feels right with the curbs and everything...  ;) don't understand why laptimes are an issue with unfinished beta bike physics?

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 30, 2016, 09:43:56 PM
you did a good job on monza janau! good track, feels right with the curbs and everything...  ;) don't understand why laptimes are an issue with unfinished beta bike physics?
Us, PiBoSo said the track length is way off compared to the real track, so ...