• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:44:52 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Trouble making plugin run on XP

Started by HornetMaX, November 02, 2016, 09:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

@PiBoSo:

I've been informed that my MaxHUD plugin does not work on Win XP.

Initially I thought it was due to the fact Visual Studio 2015 has dropped support for Win XP by default, so I changed the toolset from v140 (the default one) to v140_xp (the one supposed to be XP compatible). I also recompiled one lib I use (SFML v2.0.4) using the v140_xp toolset (as by default, the binaries they ship are compiled with the default v140 toolset, hence they don't work on XP) but no joy, on XP my plugins seems to be not "executed" by GPB.

The SFML libs I use are statically linked into the .dlo.

Some of the things I tried (with forum user lkslodzkzn, who has the problem on XP):

• Compile the plugin example you provide, using the v140_xp toolset: everything works fine on XP.
  • Compile one example .exe that comes with the SFML library, using the v140_xp toolset (and linking the lib statically into the .exe): everything works fine on XP.

Here's a test version of my plugin (.dlo and MaxHUD_data folder to be put into the plugins folder): https://mega.nz/#!II0iwKjI!Hu__z_HzgVKxh2ofi7T1_NH2z6mgOuqxxFPN3KyF2mE

Is there a way for you to get any additional info about what's happening ? Maybe and error message when GPB tries to load the .dlo ?

I'm out of ideas: if no news I'll just forget about supporting XP.

lkslodzkzn

Hi Max
Initially I thought it was due to the fact Visual Studio 2015 has dropped support for Win XP by default

On Microsoft download page requirements: Windows 10 ; Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1; Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2012; Windows Vista Service Pack 2; Windows XP Service Pack 3 

HornetMaX

Quote from: lkslodzkzn on November 02, 2016, 03:28:39 PM
On Microsoft download page requirements: Windows 10 ; Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1; Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2012; Windows Vista Service Pack 2; Windows XP Service Pack 3
That's unrelated. The C++ compiler (vc14) in Visual Studio 2015 uses by default a toolset (v140) that is not compatible with XP.
In order to create applications that are compatible with XP, one must use a specific toolset (named v140-xp).

lkslodzkzn