• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:03:15 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

reset to track

Started by sdecorme, November 04, 2016, 03:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdecorme

Hi,
I've installed the 9c version but now when I crash in the grass when I reset I'm still in the grass. On my old version the reset put me on the track but I don't rememeber which parameter I've to change to do this.
Thanks you

HornetMaX

No parameter: press and hold (about 3 seconds) to reset like before (i.e. on track).
Notice that some tracks are missing check lines and hence if you press and hold you reset to the pits.

PiBoSo has stated that this problem (reset to pits) will be mitigated in the upcoming beta10.

sdecorme

Thanks you;
It is a shame to not reset to the nearsest center line position.

HornetMaX

Quote from: sdecorme on November 04, 2016, 03:58:37 PM
It is a shame to not reset to the nearsest center line position.
Why ? In real life that's not what happens. In a car sim that's not what happens.
Resetting on track makes only sense if you are the only bike on the track. When racing, it's pretty bad.

sdecorme

But It make the simulation easier at the beginning

Hawk

Quote from: sdecorme on November 04, 2016, 05:57:51 PM
But It make the simulation easier at the beginning

When your in a race and a bike suddenly appears right in front of you and makes you crash I think you'll change your mind. Either that or you'll have to wait for the pack of riders to go through before it'll let you reset to track.... Both options are a joke in my opinion during a race event! Lol   :)

But I would wholly support the bike reset function directly to the track surface for offline practice sessions so that as you say, it would make it easier for newcomers to practice and get straight back onto track after a crash until they feel they are proficient enough to go online with other riders. Not that I'm advocating for newbies to stay offline until they become proficient, far from it; I personally would like to see all newcomers go online to learn from other riders and learn from the advice that can be given directly online from more experienced riders.  But for those newcomers who don't feel comfortable riding online while they are learning then the direct bike reset to the track surface would be a good thing but only in offline test sessions...... But anyway, looks like Piboso has but the dampers on the new bike reset system in beta 10 by bringing back the old bike reset system anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it mate.   :(

Hawk.

sdecorme

Of course I don't think about the race ,in that case you're totally right

Harrytmj66

I prefer it now that it resets you where your bike settles in a crash. A bit more realistic