• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:12:24 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

New Players Looking For Welcome and Support

Started by Sim UK, November 05, 2016, 10:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Hawk

November 06, 2016, 11:41:52 AM #16 Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:52:43 AM by Hawk
Welcome aboard Sim UK!  ;D 8)

Firstly I second everything that the guys here are saying, but just to add that GPB is the only bike simulation game(or should I say the only "realistic" bike simulation game on the market right now) that right from the moment of purchase(many years ago now) I just haven't been able to put it down; that's in comparison to other bike games that people tend to play for a while then get put in the cupboard and not played for months on end.
GPBikes really has the depth of physics that I was always looking for in a bike sim, and the more you play it the more you realise just how good the physics are. Yes it has a steep learning curve and is not for everyone, but for those that are looking for a realistic bike sim and are willing to dedicate approximately a week of at least an hour a days practice for everything to start to become automatic in GPB's controls and to really get the hang of riding a bike in GPB it is such a fulfilling and in depth experience that they will never want to play another bike sim again.

Yes it still has some bugs and issues but GPB is still in it's beta stage and Piboso is right now in the process of fixing what we as the community feel is the one major issue which is online stability(as mentioned by Warlock above), and we're all greatly looking forward to the soon to be released GPB Beta 10 to test out these bug fixes. Hopefully then it really will be onwards and upwards for GPB and all the other simulation projects that Piboso is currently working on(WRS,MXB and Kart Racing Pro).

We also have a great and very helpful modding community that provide a lot of additional content in tracks and bikes that I think you'll enjoy. As Max said, a lot of the tracks have a lot to be desired but there are some good ones in there and others will be added and updated as time goes by, but the initial idea was just to get as many tracks into GPB as possible so we had a decent selection of tracks to choose from.

I think you'll enjoy the experience here together with a fantastic Piboso Community who are always willing to help and answer any questions you may have to bring you up to pace.

Hope to see you online racing soon mate!  ;D 8)

For your ref(in case you haven't already found these threads yet):
Hawk.

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Sim UK

Mind the furniture.

Sim UK

Quote from: GuiTP on November 06, 2016, 11:26:49 PM
Besides the immersion factor of bike/track/environment (visuals and audio), there's adequate bike momentum and inertia properties.

Thank you
Mind the furniture.

retroly

Hi, I got this game after seeing it on Sim UK's channel. Its great, but oh so difficult!

Where's the best place to start? I've downloaded a few bikes and tracks but really struggling to get a clean lap (I've managed 1 lap without falling off :D)

doubledragoncc

Welcome to GPBikes retroly

Ask on servers online for guys to help with setups or they may share one with you.

See you on the track m8

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: retroly on November 08, 2016, 09:27:39 AM
Hi, I got this game after seeing it on Sim UK's channel. Its great, but oh so difficult!

Where's the best place to start? I've downloaded a few bikes and tracks but really struggling to get a clean lap (I've managed 1 lap without falling off :D)

Welcome aboard mate!  ;D 8)

Speaking personally, if I was you as a newcomer to GPBikes I would probably start with a simply track layout like "Mallory Park 78 V1.1_NDS", probably on a Moto 3 bike(nothing too powerful to start with). Mallory Park is a simple layout that will give you more chance of making a lap without falling off and learn you how to control the bike before going onto more complex circuits and more powerful bikes.
But stick with the practice; I recommend hourly sessions then leave it for a while and then do another hourly session and within a week you'll really start to feel all the controls coming to you automatically; that is when it all starts to become a very fulfilling experience.  ;D
Start by riding slow to make sure you make the lap without falling and getting yourself used to making all the required control movements during the process, and then when you gain confidence in your control start speeding up your pace gradually. For sure your going to crash many times - that's all part of the learning process, but then after a while you'll find everything starts to drop into place and you don't have to think about what your fingers are doing to control the bike, it all becomes automatic; this will probably take a weeks regular hourly practice sessions to get to that stage, but believe me it's well worth it.  ;D

I'd also recommend you to join an online server session so you can ride with other riders and gain experience and helpful advice directly. Just tell the other riders via the online GPB chat facility that your new and they will help you all they can mate.  ;) 8)

Hope to see you on track soon mate!  ;D

Hawk.

retroly

Quote from: Hawk on November 08, 2016, 10:13:22 AM

Speaking personally, if I was you as a newcomer to GPBikes I would probably start with a simply track layout like "Mallory Park 78 V1.1_NDS", probably on a Moto 3 bike(nothing too powerful to start with). Mallory Park is a simple layout that will give you more chance of making a lap without falling off and learn you how to control the bike before going onto more complex circuits and more powerful bikes.
But stick with the practice; I recommend hourly sessions then leave it for a while and then do another hourly session and within a week you'll really start to feel all the controls coming to you automatically; that is when it all starts to become a very fulfilling experience.  ;D
Start by riding slow to make sure you make the lap without falling and getting yourself used to making all the required control movements during the process, and then when you gain confidence in your control start speeding up your pace gradually. For sure your going to crash many times - that's all part of the learning process, but then after a while you'll find everything starts to drop into place and you don't have to think about what your fingers are doing to control the bike, it all becomes automatic; this will probably take a weeks regular hourly practice sessions to get to that stage, but believe me it's well worth it.  ;D

I'd also recommend you to join an online server session so you can ride with other riders and gain experience and helpful advice directly. Just tell the other riders via the online GPB chat facility that your new and they will help you all they can mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Heh, i've raced bikes at mallory so maybe that will help :D

Does setup make much of a difference? I found the handling of the bikes vary quite a lot. I think the demo bike was the hardest one to ride :).

I've been practicing on the road bikes for now, the motoGP bike STK bikes are quite powerful. At the moment I'm using an Xbox controller with 25 direct lean and auto lean enabled.  I tried other setting combinations but this one actually enabled me to corner, rather than crashing.

I actually managed 3 clean laps today, still so easy to fall off though.

Thanks for the tips.

Luke

doubledragoncc

Setups make all the difference m8. If online others will help and share them too if you need it.
DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Warlock

setups makes some difference but only if you are pushing hard.
But you should try to go slow and just try to avoid crashing. Fast laps will come soon or later.

Practice is the only key.  is a matter of getting used to it. Has a bit of a learning curve , so don't desesperate, will be rewarded.  ;)

Stout Johnson

Dunno if it has been mentioned here before. But decreasing 'direct lean' value in settings should help newcomers. Also if you do not ride a motorcycle in real life, you will have to get used to braking on motorcycles. You have to give the front wheel time to get the weight shift towards the front, otherwise front might wash out easily.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Sim UK

Hey retroly,

So glad you could join us.  I started exactly where you are and now I have my first race coming up!!!
I have some tips and such I can / will share but need to get my terms and understanding straight before I can.

Welcome!
Mind the furniture.

tchemi

November 09, 2016, 03:39:24 PM #28 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:42:42 PM by tchemi
Hello Sim UK.

There is one thing that is very important for me and hasn't been said yet. I think GPB and Piboso games in general have the best communauty you can find in a sim game.
This is the first time I'm playing a sim with the guys that created the mods you are using. The guy that is just ahead of you in the practice session can be a moderator of the forum. You can chat and share your settings with guys that are here for years and have created the most used plugins or mods... I think that this is definitly a plus !!

Hello retrolink,
Personnaly, I've spent something like 2 hours setting my controller and the settings in the game. Spend a lot of time to adjust all the inputs and remember that it is a sim. Go slow at the beggining. The learning curve is very impressive. I consider myself a noob (I have the game for 3 month iirc) but I the gap with newcomers is already huge. Keep practice ;)

Hawk

Quote from: retroly on November 08, 2016, 04:13:46 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 08, 2016, 10:13:22 AM

Hawk.

Heh, i've raced bikes at mallory so maybe that will help :D

Does setup make much of a difference? I found the handling of the bikes vary quite a lot. I think the demo bike was the hardest one to ride :).

I've been practicing on the road bikes for now, the motoGP bike STK bikes are quite powerful. At the moment I'm using an Xbox controller with 25 direct lean and auto lean enabled.  I tried other setting combinations but this one actually enabled me to corner, rather than crashing.

I actually managed 3 clean laps today, still so easy to fall off though.

Thanks for the tips.

Luke

Personally at the moment I use a joystick in combination with my F430 foot pedals.... I just find I can control the lean of the bike a lot smoother and better with a joystick than the little sticks you get on the gamepads, plus the gamepads tend to have circular gates on their sticks instead of the square gates on joysticks, which helps with consistent lean angles when you have your stick controlling the lean/throttle and front brake, whereas on the circular gates on gamepads the same setup varies the lean angle as you apply the throttle and brake due to the stick following the circular gate(not a good situation in my opinion).  :)

Setups do make a big difference, but each rider will probably have a different setup depending on their riding style, so although exchanging bike setups may at first feel better, you'll eventually want to be able to setup a bike for your particular riding style to get the best performance out of the bike your riding.  ;)

I also use rider auto lean simply because with using a joystick I haven't got any spare buttons or controls in the correct position on the joystick to use manual rider movements, but if you can learn to accommodate manual rider movements then you should have an advantage over those that don't because the position of the rider makes a difference to how the bike handles, especially through corners.
This is why I'd like to eventually get a real bike controller from DD so I can finally ride the bikes with real bike controls.  ;D

Hawk.