• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:58:18 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

New Players Looking For Welcome and Support

Started by Sim UK, November 05, 2016, 10:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim UK

Hi I am new to GPB but I have been lucky enough to get a decent taster of what GPB has to offer.

I run a YT channel dedicated to Simulation and I have been looking for a Motorbike Simulator for a while.  Thank goodness I found you.

I want to make a proper review on this game and want to ask you experience GPB'ers what you think are the most important aspects of this game.  What I have so far....(not in order of importance)

Visors (Dirt, tear-off, tint and settings)
Speed and acceleration
FPS is very good
Feeling the game/bike gives you when racing
Large number of tracks and bikes
GARAGE!!!
Bike Physics
Audio and realism like (Fairings touching when banking too far over on road bikes etc..)

What is important to you and what should I be focusing my time on?

Thanks guys really appreciate your input.

Hope to race with you all soon.
Mind the furniture.

doubledragoncc

Welcome to the world of GP Bikes M8

See you on the track soon

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Alby46

Best aspect of this game so far: physics! It's the best you will ever find
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Sim UK

Quote from: Alby46 on November 05, 2016, 11:04:14 PM
Best aspect of this game so far: physics! It's the best you will ever find

I couldn't agree more.  I should add the community to my list too I think. 

Thanks
Mind the furniture.

Sim UK

Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 05, 2016, 10:48:47 PM
Welcome to the world of GP Bikes M8

See you on the track soon

DD

Thanks I hope so, a bit more practise required first perhaps.
Mind the furniture.

matty0l215

Firstly, Hello and welcome to the community :)

Altough the graphis aren't really up to 2016 standards. The physics of the bikes should more than make up for this.

The fact that the game is modable and there are already many bikes to choose from with more on the way.

Also with Piboso recent announcment that his team is working on online stability should improve the online aspect of the game.

Matty
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Sim UK

Quote from: matty0l215 on November 05, 2016, 11:10:17 PM
Firstly, Hello and welcome to the community :)

Altough the graphis aren't really up to 2016 standards. The physics of the bikes should more than make up for this.

The fact that the game is modable and there are already many bikes to choose from with more on the way.

Also with Piboso recent announcment that his team is working on online stability should improve the online aspect of the game.

Matty

Matty really impressed with the feedback already thank you.

Online playing is def a key point, and actually I think the graphics are just fine, at that speed especially!  I do have all graphics settings to max and still hitting 125 fps, brilliant.

Thanks.
Mind the furniture.

HornetMaX

Welcome !

Depending how much immersion is important to you, you can eventually explore using GPB with an head tracking device (EdTracker is cheap and works very fine). I've heard good comments from people with VR headsets too: there're some bugs, but it seems to be pretty impressive.

Other than that, plenty of tracks to try out (fair warning, not all are very good) and plenty of bikes too.

Have fun !

Sim UK

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 05, 2016, 11:26:54 PM
Welcome !

Depending how much immersion is important to you, you can eventually explore using GPB with an head tracking device (EdTracker is cheap and works very fine). I've heard good comments from people with VR headsets too: there're some bugs, but it seems to be pretty impressive.

Other than that, plenty of tracks to try out (fair warning, not all are very good) and plenty of bikes too.

Have fun !

Thank you HornetMaX,

VR and head-tracking, excellent I would have overlooked these features.

Appreciate the input thanks.
Mind the furniture.

Sim UK

Hey guys,

So I just wanted to say that after being permitted access to try the full version of GPBikes, thanks to one of your considerate members, I have managed to get the real taste for it and now fully understand exactly how good this simulation experience is.  So I just bought my full license!  No more demo for me lol. 

Without a lie I have had the Paypal page open all day!  I was weighing up the pros and cons of this simulator based against what I have experienced and what I have heard from the community today. 

Without access to the full game, I don't think that I would have seen how great this game is so a massive thank you to you all!  Especially Piboso and You know who are.

I look forward to meeting you all online really soon!  P.S:  Please keep an eye open for my FULL Review of GPBikes :)
Mind the furniture.

doubledragoncc

Congrats on seeing the light. You have just entered the Zander Zone!!!

Look forward to seeing you on the track.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Warlock

Welcome Sim UK, you will never have a good opinion of other bike sim again  ;D
You just discovered the only one bike sim ever (with all the respect for the old microprose GP500), and this still a Beta.

As already been said, Physics is the soul of GPB , plus modding capability. Still need improvements on the tools  though, but as you will see its coming along.

The more powerfull , but also worse part of it right now (online stability/ core.exe crash) is under debugging and is the first priority right now for Piboso team (hurray !! been waiting so long for this).
Don't take me wrong, its already possible to race online, and we do, but with many riders in a server some problems arise.
Once this is resolved it's just a matter of small bugs fixing, beautify and whatever physics improvements Piboso's brain could spit  ;D

Have fun

Vini

janaucarre

Vergio101