• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Race started before scheduled time!?????

Started by Hawk, November 13, 2016, 09:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Hey guys...... The Race was scheduled to start at 22:00hrs GMT; I try to get connected now at 21:30 GMT and the race is already started it says and won't let me connect. What's going on here?  :o :o

Hawk.

Meyer#12

Quote from: Hawk on November 13, 2016, 09:34:53 PM
Hey guys...... The Race was scheduled to start at 22:00hrs GMT; I try to get connected now at 21:30 GMT and the race is already started it says and won't let me connect. What's going on here?  :o :o

Hawk.

Lol have we misread that it says 22.00 + 1 GMT? that means 22 CET maybe?

A timer would have been a good idea when there is so many people from a few different time zones. Just an idea for next race :)
Meyer#12

Hawk

November 13, 2016, 09:45:10 PM #2 Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 09:48:00 PM by Hawk
Quote from: Meyer#12 on November 13, 2016, 09:37:01 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 13, 2016, 09:34:53 PM

Hawk.

Lol have we misread that it says 22.00 + 1 GMT? that means 22 CET maybe?

A timer would have been a good idea when there is so many people from a few different time zones. Just an idea for next race :)

Oh crap... forgot about that +1.  That would make it 21:00hrs GMT...... Oh well.... Sorry for the mistake in time guys.... Would've been good to take part.

Sorry guys.

I agree Meyer. A countdown timer probably would've made us realise the mistake.  ;)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Hey I got told at 7.15 that qually was at 7.30 and had to reset the server, then got told no, it is practice at 9 then guid didn not work so could not get on my own fricken server lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 13, 2016, 10:16:46 PM
Hey I got told at 7.15 that qually was at 7.30 and had to reset the server, then got told no, it is practice at 9 then guid didn not work so could not get on my own fricken server lol

DD

ROFL!  ;D
I saw your live stream DD.... We did try to tell BES that a full grid would create issues, but did we get listened too? Noooo.....  Obviously someone thought they knew better.  :P

Don't blame you at all for stopping the live stream DD, it was just impossible to follow the race with it keep on going back to the start/finish straight cam half way round the track each lap. Shame because the live stream quality was great!  ;D

Hawk.

Blackheart

Quote from: Hawk on November 14, 2016, 12:52:50 AM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 13, 2016, 10:16:46 PM

DD

ROFL!  ;D
I saw your live stream DD.... We did try to tell BES that a full grid would create issues, but did we get listened too? Noooo.....  Obviously someone thought they knew better.  :P

Don't blame you at all for stopping the live stream DD, it was just impossible to follow the race with it keep on going back to the start/finish straight cam half way round the track each lap. Shame because the live stream quality was great!  ;D

Hawk.

The BES account make confusion here... this event is created from a just member of the BES not the full team.

Personally I do not know anything about this championship as almost all members of the BES team.

The organizer did not involve any of us.

doubledragoncc

Well I am sorry but the race organization was CRAP!!!

It looks shite with all the same bikes and riders and make  GPB look like it has only what it actually has ONE paint for rider and bike!!!!

I can not tell who the fuck is who by a little fickin round blob on the head of the rider and frickin remember who it is as the numbers on the bikes are toooooo small and not a good style.

I got told 15mins before the qually should start and given the whitelist that did not work at the same time. Then I was told it is another time to start after asking WTF!!!!

There is no consideration of the rider in ths championship, and yes if I dont like it I can leave I know, oh I am so scared of the boss, oh but wait I cant leave, its my fucking server and I have to sit here for hours doing all the work to make sure guys can ride even if it is a piss poor organized and stupid ruled race!!!!

This is a COMMUNITY not a bloody dictatorship!!! PLEASE respect the other members and consider their wishes.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BIKE SIM EUROPE

?? What??
you never see a promotional category? you never see RedBull rookies cup? or Movistar cup? all riders are whit the same suit and livery on bikes..Whats your problem?U need use better words for talk about BES just for respect, the same respect i have for you.....
Jorge

doubledragoncc

Jorge, I got a lot of respect m8, but you can not always use real life things and then expect it to work in a sim. If you want to do this then you have to consider a few point.

If you want to use same paint that is fine but you need to make the numbers bigger and use a style that is easy to read, plus make it so there are maybe 9 different colors plus white and black to the numbers so that it breaks up number groups 10's white, 20's red, 30's, green etc makes it easier for the streamer to recognize the rider.

Put the riders number BIG on the back hump to be recognized from behind for riders and streamer.

You still have your paints but now we can all see who is who easier!!!

Ensure whitelist is right and all guid numbers are correct, only the number 0(zero) no O(letter)

Race time is same each week. FP4 is 20.00 (8PM) London Time

Make sure that the track has no errors with cams if possible before the race. We can hold test races on the server most nights!!!!!

Sorry but it dont take that much to make it work better. Sunday was a disaster in many ways

24 riders is too much with the netcode as it is!!! MY GPB had problems and at one point froze my PC with too many stop starts of server and GPB with bad netcode.

You HAVE to be realistic and not stubborn about your rules or the whole championship will be nothing more than frustration and trouble.

PLEASE think about this with a logical attitude. I am talking reality of GPB not what you want to have

DD

poumpouny

i don't really know if it worth it making such championship (with 24 rider) with the core exe, may be wait for Beta 10 ?, anyway had core exe 1 min 30 before race, the time i could get into gpb agaiin the race already start ! i know i 'm a totaly noob and i need lot of practice to be competitive in such a race but i would love to participate ! at least wait just a few minute before start or make a poll restart when somebody is still not in the start line ! anyways the qualy and practice was just fun, sorry for some guys i disturb on qualy due to my incredible number of crash hihihi, this front tyre is just awesomely easy to loose !

pacopastor34

Quote from: poumpouny on November 14, 2016, 12:32:02 PM
i don't really know if it worth it making such championship (with 24 rider) with the core exe, may be wait for Beta 10 ?, anyway had core exe 1 min 30 before race, the time i could get into gpb agaiin the race already start ! i know i 'm a totaly noob and i need lot of practice to be competitive in such a race but i would love to participate ! at least wait just a few minute before start or make a poll restart when somebody is still not in the start line ! anyways the qualy and practice was just fun, sorry for some guys i disturb on qualy due to my incredible number of crash hihihi, this front tyre is just awesomely easy to loose !

I'm agree with make a quick poll just typing ready or rdy each rider 1 minute before ride. In the actual state of developing core exe fail should be taken as a mechanical failure.

We are working right now to fix front tyre unpredictability.

@doubledragoncc If you want a better streaming you should ask for what you need for it before the race and don't complain after. If you want change anything in all that 40 skins send me a PM. But please don't f... with that here, that way you won't get anything good. I don't want to be rude with you but the championship rules about the skins are clear, it's a monobrand promotional tournament. The next championship will be full skinning open.

doubledragoncc

Thanks paco

If I get time can I add numbers to suit and bikes to show you what I mean ok

DD

Blackheart

Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 14, 2016, 02:09:50 PM
Thanks paco

DD

I used my personal suit ... it was a rule too stupid for me. A streaming race with all riders identical...genius.   ::)

pacopastor34

Quote from: Blackheart on November 14, 2016, 03:44:41 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 14, 2016, 02:09:50 PM
Thanks paco

DD

I used my personal suit ... it was a rule too stupid for me. A streaming race with all riders identical...genius.(Do you really think we made a championship for a 3 people streaming?)

I know it could be stupid for you, ok, but it's a rule. It's simple. I think marihuana penalisation it's so stupid but I don't go to the policeman and smoke in front of him. I don't want to be arguing until the end of the championship with the same things. Please respect the the rules.

In the info of the championship before registration we said: SKINS WILL BE PROVIDED BY ORGANISATION BECAUSE OF THE KIND OF CHAMPIONSHIP(MONOBRAND).

I think it is very simple. Just race and enjoy. This is not the last championship. It's a small and quick championship and we thought to make it that way. As I said in previous post, the next championships will be skins open and for sure we will improve a lot of things.

[stability issues]
I came from MXB. I Know better than anyone what pib's netcode issues can do for us in with more than 15 people(ask to geofanatec), In my opinion the race was so stable(comparing with my last year experience). No one will be core error proof until piboso fix the netcode. I repeat, core.exe will be taken as mechanical failure.

doubledragoncc

November 14, 2016, 05:20:27 PM #14 Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 05:26:54 PM by doubledragoncc
So if they are sponsored for the race, where is my cut for providing the server lol

I think it has taken the personal feel out of the racing and that is what GPB is all about, sorry but making such rules just because there might be real races like it is pretty sad. It is obvious that some are not happy and that is what needs to be thought about, not have an attitude where you say "if you dont like it you can leave" that is being selfish to other members and something that could split the community. I am only trying to be practical in my thinking.

I am really busy but I will try to do some edits to the default paints to keep in the rules but give us all a bit of being, it is only fair that there should be compromises made.

Put it this way, I find it damn insulting to be told, "if you dont like it leave". I have not turned around a said the same about using my servers and asking for certain rules to be abidded by or that you make it so I can actually tell who is who when I take the time and effort to stream a race!!!

DD

EDIT:
[stability issues]
I came from MXB. I Know better than anyone what pib's netcode issues can do for us in with more than 15 people(ask to geofanatec), In my opinion the race was so stable(comparing with my last year experience). No one will be core error proof until piboso fix the netcode. I repeat, core.exe will be taken as mechanical failure.

Seriously!!! Mechanical error??? And when I get a core because there are too many on the server, the stream is ruined and it can also cause a Windows crash as actually happened on Sunday because I had to stop start the servers and upset Windows. When that happens the server goes down!!!!

So basically you want to be obstinate at the risk of ruining everyone's race just because YOU WANT rules to be followed and refuse to follow the rule of thumb that more than 15 bikes makes online unstable!!!!  THAT is totally selfish towards the entire community!!!