• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:02:43 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Race started before scheduled time!?????

Started by Hawk, November 13, 2016, 09:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: pacopastor34 on November 14, 2016, 05:12:41 PM
[stability issues]
I came from MXB. I Know better than anyone what pib's netcode issues can do for us in with more than 15 people(ask to geofanatec), In my opinion the race was so stable(comparing with my last year experience). No one will be core error proof until piboso fix the netcode. I repeat, core.exe will be taken as mechanical failure.

Having made that quoted statement above then you should be willing to listen to those of us in GPB who have years more experience in running GPB servers than any MXB server host, and knows what will and won't work in GPB.  ;)

I knew for a start you'd have issues with core.exe crashes and live streaming issues with a full race grid(btw, nothing wrong with the track cams guys). In fact I did post advice way before the event that a full grid was asking for instability troubles; the reality is that you got away with it more than you should've on the night, in that many more riders were likely to have had problems not only with core.exe crashes but in just not being able to connect to the server itself - you were very lucky in that sense in yesterdays event, but if I was you I wouldn't bank on being so lucky if you continue with a full grid for the other events in the championship.  :)

My advice for what it's worth:

• Reduce the competitors down to 12 - 18 riders MAX for each race session(hold two race sessions if you want for each event/race), making sure to reset the server before and after each event. This of course doesn't guarantee total stability but will give the best chance for an issue free nights racing.  :)
  • Hold a server stress test for each event(track) with the full grid together with a slot for DD's live stream, as different tracks effect the server stability in different ways. That's not to say it's a track issue but just a quirk of the unstable netcode right now.
  • Listen to what DD is advising you for what he needs to do a quality live stream event. That's his job and he knows best.
  • If you think I'm poking my nose in were it's not wanted then just tell me to mind my own business and stay out of this discussion. I'm easy either way.  ;) 8)
I tend to be a straight talker much like DD, and like DD, I'm just trying to help, so don't take all this the wrong way guys. We all want you to succeed in this venture, so all due respect to you in co-ordination with BES for putting on these championships.  8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

+10 to what Hawky said.

We are not being funny or acting as know it alls, we are trying to help YOU.

Our advice is from experience and not pure guessing.

I know MY servers and if you want to use them I know the limitations of them. If my servers are not good enough for you I suggest you get your sponsors to pay for one.

Until I can afford to finish building a dedicated system for the servers I am stuck with what I have. The next few sales of my systems should cover the cost with luck.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

What a load of bollocks.. Can we not just ''Race'' here??  ??? The game is still broken online........... why bother with streaming and everything else?? it looks shit anyway lol lets just race!!!  :P

doubledragoncc

Thanks BOBPPPPPPPPPP I at least try to promote GPB that is what the streaming is about and for those that cant race!!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

Yeah it's not a dig at you personally DD!

Id just like to see some races happening without all the fuss...

doubledragoncc

Well I am working on hooking up with another guy who does YouTube and we will be doing some good championships and races including an endurance race series when I finalize how to do it right.

DD

BOBR6 84

Sounds great!  8) It's cool on any racer to have streaming and commentary etc but that would end in tears with GPB at the moment. We all know it! lol. Is that what piboso was doing? fixing all the online stability stuff?

Warlock

restrict the races to 10 riders and no fuss will happen. Only few cores here and there.
Its all we have now until netcode is fixed. Many years suffering with big events, its always the same.

I thank people putting effort on big race events, love them, love racing trying to get a single point for the championship, but GPB is broken guys....no chance yet.

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 14, 2016, 09:51:19 PM
Sounds great!  8) It's cool on any racer to have streaming and commentary etc but that would end in tears with GPB at the moment. We all know it! lol. Is that what piboso was doing? fixing all the online stability stuff?

Bob, what you talking about mate? Streaming of events has been done in the past very successfully, and DD has now got the quality of the stream running excellently. So to say it's all a "load of bollocks and the live stream is shit anyway" just shows how much attention, or lack of, that you have been paying to the subject.

There is no reason live streaming cannot be done very successfully if the event organiser is sensible about the number of competitors that take part in the race, just the same as the stability of the netcode can be good so long as the organiser is sensible about the max number of competitors that take part...... So why all this talk of it all being a load of bollocks? I really don't understand your stance sometimes mate.  :-\

If you personally don't care about live streaming then fine, but others do care about it. Also bear in mind that live streaming is or will certainly be a massive promotional tool for GPB in the future, and that's a fact and can only be a good thing for all the GPB community.  :)

In answer to your question: Yes Piboso is now fully concentrating on fixing the netcode instability issues(or was until his recent health issues. He's taking time out right now to get well)..... Were have you been this last month or so that you didn't know that? LOL!  :o ;D

Hawk.

pacopastor34

Quote from: Hawk on November 14, 2016, 07:45:53 PM
Quote from: pacopastor34 on November 14, 2016, 05:12:41 PM
[stability issues]
I came from MXB. I Know better than anyone what pib's netcode issues can do for us in with more than 15 people(ask to geofanatec), In my opinion the race was so stable(comparing with my last year experience). No one will be core error proof until piboso fix the netcode. I repeat, core.exe will be taken as mechanical failure.

Having made that quoted statement above then you should be willing to listen to those of us in GPB who have years more experience in running GPB servers than any MXB server host, and knows what will and won't work in GPB.  ;)

I knew for a start you'd have issues with core.exe crashes and live streaming issues with a full race grid(btw, nothing wrong with the track cams guys). In fact I did post advice way before the event that a full grid was asking for instability troubles; the reality is that you got away with it more than you should've on the night, in that many more riders were likely to have had problems not only with core.exe crashes but in just not being able to connect to the server itself - you were very lucky in that sense in yesterdays event, but if I was you I wouldn't bank on being so lucky if you continue with a full grid for the other events in the championship.  :)

My advice for what it's worth:

• Reduce the competitors down to 12 - 18 riders MAX for each race session(hold two race sessions if you want for each event/race), making sure to reset the server before and after each event. This of course doesn't guarantee total stability but will give the best chance for an issue free nights racing.  :)
  • Hold a server stress test for each event(track) with the full grid together with a slot for DD's live stream, as different tracks effect the server stability in different ways. That's not to say it's a track issue but just a quirk of the unstable netcode right now.
  • Listen to what DD is advising you for what he needs to do a quality live stream event. That's his job and he knows best.
  • If you think I'm poking my nose in were it's not wanted then just tell me to mind my own business and stay out of this discussion. I'm easy either way.  ;) 8)
I tend to be a straight talker much like DD, and like DD, I'm just trying to help, so don't take all this the wrong way guys. We all want you to succeed in this venture, so all due respect to you in co-ordination with BES for putting on these championships.  8)

Hawk.

My opinion was always to do 2 races not only because of the stability(I wanted to don't leave outside anyone)I'm always willing to be helped. Maybe I misunderstood some words of DD's post.That's not my own language and I'm doing my best. I'm willing to help DD with riders recognition. I only said that it would be better sending a PM to someone of the team.

Your nose is where it has to be. Don't worry. I hope to see  you on the next race.

P.S: Hoe many riders got a core in last race? Could you tell me please? 3 of 20?

BOBR6 84

November 15, 2016, 01:39:51 AM #25 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:43:50 AM by BOBR6 84
Quote from: Hawk on November 15, 2016, 12:45:59 AM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 14, 2016, 09:51:19 PM

Bob, what you talking about mate? Streaming of events has been done in the past very successfully, and DD has now got the quality of the stream running excellently. So to say it's all a "load of bollocks and the live stream is shit anyway" just shows how much attention, or lack of, that you have been paying to the subject.

There is no reason live streaming cannot be done very successfully if the event organiser is sensible about the number of competitors that take part in the race, just the same as the stability of the netcode can be good so long as the organiser is sensible about the max number of competitors that take part...... So why all this talk of it all being a load of bollocks? I really don't understand your stance sometimes mate.  :-\

If you personally don't care about live streaming then fine, but others do care about it. Also bear in mind that live streaming is or will certainly be a massive promotional tool for GPB in the future, and that's a fact and can only be a good thing for all the GPB community.  :)

In answer to your question: Yes Piboso is now fully concentrating on fixing the netcode instability issues(or was until his recent health issues. He's taking time out right now to get well)..... Were have you been this last month or so that you didn't know that? LOL!  :o ;D

Hawk.

Woahh lol... Scroll back up the page, That's not what i said!  ;D

I think you take me too seriously lol. That's the trouble with typing lol.

Although... What this thread is turning into now, is a good example of what im saying lol

I LIKE the streaming and all that stuff.. The problem is GPB... i have been following and i read about the decisions on netcode etc etc  ;)

So i don't understand why every race needs to be hyped up so much at the moment, that's all  :) always ends up with somebody being pissed off for whatever reason lol  ;D ;D

I agree with Warlocks post too!

doubledragoncc

@paco............P.S: Hoe many riders got a core in last race? Could you tell me please? 3 of 20?

I think you will find over half the guys got cores, I had 2 and so did others I think. Point is that in reality 15 is the max for a good amount of riders with good stability.

Test need to be done now I have finished uploading vids to YT lol. My servers were down due to it on Monday and the CUP server got killed by it sorry guys but it is part of my living.

DD

poumpouny

i got 3 core ! 1 during practice, and 2 during qually !

pacopastor34

Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 15, 2016, 09:47:59 AM
@paco............P.S: Hoe many riders got a core in last race? Could you tell me please? 3 of 20?

I think you will find over half the guys got cores, I had 2 and so did others I think. Point is that in reality 15 is the max for a good amount of riders with good stability.

Test need to be done now I have finished uploading vids to YT lol. My servers were down due to it on Monday and the CUP server got killed by it sorry guys but it is part of my living.

DD

No problem for that. Is your work. As soon I get home I'll send you a PM with some changes about the races and I would like you tell me all what you need for a better streaming. The next races will be split.

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 15, 2016, 01:39:51 AM
Woahh lol... Scroll back up the page, That's not what i said! ;D

I think you take me too seriously lol. That's the trouble with typing lol.

Although... What this thread is turning into now, is a good example of what im saying lol

I LIKE the streaming and all that stuff.. The problem is GPB... i have been following and i read about the decisions on netcode etc etc  ;)

So i don't understand why every race needs to be hyped up so much at the moment, that's all  :) always ends up with somebody being pissed off for whatever reason lol  ;D ;D

I agree with Warlocks post too!

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 14, 2016, 08:12:24 PM
What a load of bollocks.. Can we not just ''Race'' here??  ??? The game is still broken online........... why bother with streaming and everything else?? it looks shit anyway lol lets just race!!!  :P

Lol Bob, what are you like man..... Here's your post quoted above, and it looks to me like that's exactly what you said. Lol.  :)

But yeah your so right mate that just typing what you want to say can easily lead to misunderstandings, and if I misunderstood you then I apologise mate, but looking at that post I don't think you could blame me for any misunderstanding of what you really wanted to express surely?  ;D

But regarding all the fuss or hype about these things: If you want to get things right without any issues arises during events then sometimes you have to create a fuss to get things sorted, otherwise if everyone just excepts all the problems that happen then they will never be solved...... It's not done or meant to be disrespectful in any way, it's done to help keep whatever the fuss is about running smoothly without hiccups as much as possible, or we'd always be entering events that went tits-up and then everyone would get frustrated and start saying that GPB is crap, etc, etc when in actual fact it's down to good organisation and co-ordination with the right people to do the right job. It not as simple as just setting up a server and off you go racing, I wish it was! ;D

But yeah, all is cool mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.