• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:48:54 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta4b

Started by PiBoSo, December 17, 2013, 09:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitrox

January 25, 2014, 03:23:53 PM #30 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:25:31 PM by Nitrox
I will test it with PiBoSo's Bikes too, but I also often lost the rear in Beta 3 with Murasama and was really surprised when I realized it is so much easier with manual shift.

I don't agree that it's for noobs only. Generally, I'm a fan of sims and disable all aids. You have to bear in mind, though, that you can control a car sim with a wheel controller and its actually quite the same. For controlling the bike in reality I can use both hands and both feet and this is really necessary, because actually it's quite "complicated" to control a bike compared to a car, in terms of things you can do/have to do at the same time. While this works well in reality, It's even more complicated when you have to do this only with your hands and without any physical feedback.

I personally don't manage to control throttle, front break, rear brake, clutch, lean and shift all at the same time with a gampad. And i believe many can't but still want to give GP Bikes a go.

Plus, also if it is for noobs, it's even more complicated to get familiar with bikes and track as a noob when autoshift causes a crash at every third corner.
Furthermore, many bikes already have a slipper clutch so the rear tyre should just not lock this way, no matter if using autoshift or not.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Nitrox on January 25, 2014, 03:23:53 PM
Plus, also if it is for noobs, it's even more complicated to get familiar with bikes and track as a noob when autoshift causes a crash at every third corner.
The point is that autoshift is bad in general: GPB has many things that are more complicate than shifting manually so it is a good idea not to use autoshift even if you are a beginner.
Autoshift is so NOT used here, that nobody has noticed that since beta4 it works really bad on the 990 (didn't try the others).
So yes, it's kind of a bug. But autoshift per se is more or less a bug :)

I'll add it anyway to a list of known bugs.

Quote from: Nitrox on January 25, 2014, 03:23:53 PM
Furthermore, many bikes already have a slipper clutch so the rear tyre should just not lock this way, no matter if using autoshift or not.
The 125 and the varese in GPB have no slipper clutch (like in reality) but as they are 2t engines, there's not a lot of engine brake. The 990 has a slipper clutch. Modded bikes, it depends what the modder has decided to do.

Notice also that a slipper clutch is not a magical thing you slam on your bike and all your problems are gone: you can ask Yamaha motogp team ...

MaX.

JamoZ

* that nobody has noticed that since beta4 it works really bad on the 990*

Shifting overall is terrible. The 990 gearbox feels like a streetbike and for some reason we can quickshift the 2 strokes...

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on January 25, 2014, 04:07:29 PM
* that nobody has noticed that since beta4 it works really bad on the 990*

Shifting overall is terrible. The 990 gearbox feels like a streetbike and for some reason we can quickshift the 2 strokes...
Yes, that's been admitted by Piboso. But I was talking about autoshift: it used to be acceptable, now on the 990 is just impossible to use, hence the complaint from Nitrox.

MaX.

Nitrox

So yes, Murasama is just as bad as the third party bikes...

Just to clearify, beta 4b is better than beta 3 in general. So keep up the great working! Only pointing autoshift issue out because this is a beta and reporting bugs is what the community is supposed to do :)

Is it possile to get an external hud in rider view BTW? Does not seem to work with "D" and r6 currently has no dash...

HornetMaX

Quote from: Nitrox on January 26, 2014, 12:05:06 AM
So yes, Murasama is just as bad as the third party bikes...

Just to clearify, beta 4b is better than beta 3 in general. So keep up the great working! Only pointing autoshift issue out because this is a beta and reporting bugs is what the community is supposed to do :)

100% agree. I'll add this to the "Known bug" thread.
In any case, Piboso has already stated that gearbox simulation is overall a mess and needs work.

Quote from: Nitrox on January 26, 2014, 12:05:06 AM
Is it possile to get an external hud in rider view BTW? Does not seem to work with "D" and r6 currently has no dash...

Something like this MaxHUD plugin ?

MaX.

Nitrox

Nitrox likes this! :)

Is the r6 dash working for you? Just realized that theres probably a pic of a working dash in the dash problem thread...