• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:49:38 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Controller

Started by Gez177, December 06, 2016, 06:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gez177

Hi guys

completely new to this game, anyone have any controller suggestions for it?
I bought a cheapy one to try but its not gonna cut it, cant get round the track on demo yet but I guess I got what I asked for when I said I wish there was a hyper realistic bike racer :)

janaucarre

I use ps3 pad with motioninjoy to emulate an xbox360 pad

Gez177

ptrshpt, I will be getting the full licence, I can only endorse awesome developments like this :)
and I cant get the 125 round the track yet, don't be throwing 2 strokes at me haha

I have a ps3 pad, is motioninjoy a essential add? tbh didn't know you could get them to work

cheers for the info guys

doubledragoncc

December 06, 2016, 10:38:57 PM #3 Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:42:30 PM by doubledragoncc
You can use x360ce too with a gamepad and it allows you to play with deadzones, anti deadzones sensitivity etc.

Made this video for mainly my systems but it is the same setup for ANY controller and improves the function of them

https://www.youtube.com/v/Ts973LaWCFE&t=149s

Hope it helps

DD

EDIT: Here are 32 and 64 bit versions  as some versions are cack: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qya6l64apqe85is/2016_x360ce.rar
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Gez177

cheers for all the info, I ended up buying the TM GPX, the game is still insane, going to get the full licence now I think.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Gez177 on December 08, 2016, 05:57:26 PM
cheers for all the info, I ended up buying the TM GPX, the game is still insane, going to get the full licence now I think.

That's a great choice for a control pad.. i switched from the xbox controller to the GPX myself after recommendations and it really is much better.. more precise with stiffer triggers etc  ;)

HornetMaX

I'm having mixed feelings with the GPX: my 1st one went nuts after a while (left stick giving crazy readings) and my 2nd one now has the left trigger acting weird. None of the two has been used a lot.

I'm going to open my 2nd one and try to spray some contact cleaner in the potentiometer case, but if this fails I'll just have to find something else (most likely, back to a 360 pad).

Yawn, no overall good joypad around, no matter the price.

BOBR6 84

;D ;D ;D I will admit.. 2nd GPX pad here too! They don't last very long...

Alby46

no problems at all with my gpx, and i bought it like 1 year ago
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

h106frp

no problems with the GPX with the extra lights and fancy paint after a year of steady use.

loinen

i used logitech F310 and F710 gamepads, both are nice, stiff sticks and triggers - much better control than with xbox360 (don't know why many love it - probably never tried better ones).
not so long ago switched to my wheel G25 (configured to 200 degrees of rotation), this gives more detailed control+FFB which help as well, much more stable.

vali_grad

Thrustmaster GPX basic here  8)
new sim in town ? ping me !

david662

I use a mouse to steer the bike, its strange for the first time but i feel good play with that. The problem is acceleration and breaking because you have to use a keyboard.

lkslodzkzn

Quote from: david662 on December 10, 2016, 08:15:35 PM
I use a mouse to steer the bike, its strange for the first time but i feel good play with that. The problem is acceleration and breaking because you have to use a keyboard.
Oh man respect for stubbornness is not simple to use even the cheapest gamepad playing in this config sounds like a nightmare