• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes Full Review - 5pm GMT 8th Jan 2017

Started by Sim UK, January 08, 2017, 02:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim UK

January 08, 2017, 02:42:14 PM Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:57:07 PM by Sim UK
Hi Guys,

I have been working hard since I obtained my GPB license to try to learn, experience and understand as much as I can so that I can produce a Full Review.

It has been a lot of work and I have produced the very best Review I can, I hope you guys will check it out and I really hope some of you like and appreciate it.

At the end of the day I would love to see lots more new GPB members in the next few months as a direct result of this Review.

Thanks to all of you in the community and most of all Piboso :)

P.S:  Massive thanks to DoubleDragon for giving me access to the immense HS2 Motorbike Controller.  Simply Awesome man!!! (Review underway)

17:00 GMT 8th-Jan-2017 :  https://www.youtube.com/c/simuktoday
Mind the furniture.

doubledragoncc

Nice one centurion.....................

Great work Mike, thanks for your honest and positive review. It has been a pleasure to have yet another community member whole is willing to spend time to help this amazing  community grow and spread the good word of our lord PIBOSO.

Thanks for your plug of the Hs2 and your backing and faith in what I do. Pure Magic Mike

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

I won't get to watch it until much later or even tomorrow but I look forward to seeing how you see it, if you know what I mean.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Syd

Is this the same review as you did in October? I can't find a newer one :(

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

@SimUK: thanks for the review and for the extra kind words for me, but in GPB's community there's only one hero member and it ain't me :)

Syd

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 08, 2017, 06:21:06 PM
Its a new review Syd. Heres another link direct from the review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JITDHUGXfwc&t=15s

DD

Ah yes, many thanks DD, that link works!

Worth watching too. A very nice job Mike.

JJS209

Sim UK

Hey thanks guys.

I didn't get alerted to your messages individually so just want to say thanks to you all in one go.

Thanks.
Mind the furniture.

Boerenlater

Great video. I hope a lot of people will try at least the demo and don't give up after 5 minutes.

One tiny thing you mentioned wrong; language files are also provided by the community; download and select  ;)
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Sim UK

Quote from: Boerenlater on January 08, 2017, 07:25:56 PM
Great video. I hope a lot of people will try at least the demo and don't give up after 5 minutes.

One tiny thing you mentioned wrong; language files are also provided by the community; download and select  ;)

Thank you Boerenlater,

I too want people to stick at it for sure and thanks for the info about languages, I was unaware of that :)
Mind the furniture.

Hawk

Very nice review Mike, thank you! Must've took a heck of a lot of work to create that mate.  ;) 8)

Just one thing you got wrong..... You said in your video that riders need all tracks and bikes installed to see the servers online? You only need the track that is installed on the server to see that particular server. If you want to see all possible servers then you would need all tracks installed to make sure that you see any server available.  ;)
The server will tell you if you have a bike mismatch/missing bike when you try to connect, meaning you either haven't got a bike installed or the wrong version installed to connect to that particular server.  ;)

Great job on the video, well done mate!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Totally Agree Mike - great Review and fair.  Must of taken a lot of work and it is appreciated  :)
As you say there is stuff you haven't discovered yet so we wont bash on about it hehe but two things:

1. As Hawk says above +we tend to check here http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php?sort=comp to see all the servers available (and all the other stuff you can see there). Then we can see what tracks and class of bike we need.

2. The weather stuff does work but we tend to shy away from it in races because of the current netcode work.

Good job I wonder what PiB thinks 8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Is this the only amount of people that have bothered to spend 60 seconds of their time to thank a guy who spent days and days to make this review to try and help US ALL and then only the regular nice guys bother to thank him!!!

POOR SUPPORT and a shame on all those who will bitch right away if their free content is not to their liking!!!!

I know for a fact that Mike(SimUK) has spent weeks working on this to try to bring new riders and make sales for PIBOSO and then people cant even spend 60 seconds to say thanks for his effort!!!

I hope in future people realize that without the modders and people like Mike who has made others buy a license, GPB would be quite boring, no disrespect to PIBOSO saying that as we know his job is making the sim work, OUR job is to support him and each other so come on people, take a minuet to support the hard workers in the community.

Sorry but it is time something was said and this is a perfect example of lack of support by so many who take the time DEMAND so much, but cant be bothered to show a little appreciation!!!

Hat off to you for this Mike and Hats of to all the modders of GPB

DD

Sim UK

Hi Guys and Girls,

I do massively appreciate all your comments and corrections are more than welcome too!  That being said I did not make this review for thanks, per-say, it was my intention to give something back to the community and I hope that the community grows as a result of it. 

Off the back of the review, after 1 day, I have had a few messages from soon-to-be new members so things are looking good and one of them sounded both keen and capable of producing more mods!  Which is superb news IMHO.

Massive thanks all round, especially those who can and do mod, thanks guys :)
Mind the furniture.