• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:12:26 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

3d rudder

Started by HornetMaX, January 10, 2017, 10:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Anybody has tried one of these ? Could be useful for rider lean ...

https://www.3drudder.com/eu/

Napalm Nick

No but I like the idea  8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

teeds

I wonder if this could take being sat on, hmm.....

matty0l215

Looks interesting.

You cant stand on it so probably not sitting eiter.

Also it would be bloody uncomfterable ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Intriguing idea Max, but could be a little precarious for use in keeping consistent and smooth bike lean angles with that device I feel?  :)

Hmmm.... That's given me an idea! Using game foot-pedals to lean the bike leaving just the throttle, gear change and braking to deal with on your main controller!  ;D

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

I made a mod to an xbox controller to shift and rear brake with feet as IRL which made it far better than that way round Hawk plus your foot movement is not as sensitive as hands and it is very twitchy.

DD

PS I did a full motion bum unit for a sit on frame but I ran outta money but the principle was great.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on January 10, 2017, 01:45:52 PM
Intriguing idea Max, but could be a little precarious for use in keeping consistent and smooth bike lean angles with that device I feel?  :)
I said for rider lean, not for bike lean :)

Vini

Nice but I think a simple pressure sensor mat to sit on would do the trick.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 10, 2017, 03:39:38 PM
Quote from: Hawk on January 10, 2017, 01:45:52 PM
I said for rider lean, not for bike lean :)

My misunderstanding mate.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on January 10, 2017, 05:07:02 PM
Nice but I think a simple pressure sensor mat to sit on would do the trick.
Any example ?

Grooveski

Looks the part.   ;D

Know a few folk who've used pedals for L/R rider control(and left the F/B to the computer). 
That thing though would allow you to do the rolling motions that you use for full rider control everywhere but in chicanes. 
I couldn't see any mention of analogue - guessing it is but wouldn't buy one without knowing for sure.

Not that I could use it - I'm a floor dweller - would have to mount it vertically on a frame(which I have considered doing with a pedal for the back brake).
...and I don't need it.  Got my wee wiggly pad stick for the rider.
If I was a chair dweller who'd run out of fingers and needed an extra d-pad though I'd be hot to trot for this.   :)
Damn, now I'm off thinking about I-War2 and lateral thruster control, that'd free up a thumbstick that'd be handy for the targeting system.  :P