• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Only 6 bikes visible at the same time?

Started by iVolution, January 29, 2014, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iVolution

When i join a race with multiple people, i often (if not always) get a problem where only a part of the riders are visible, with some disappearing and some appearing at random intervals. As suggested by others.. it seems like the number of bikes seems to be limited by 6 although I have not really counted them myself. As the start is the place where you see the most people this is where i predomonantly notice it, but i can recall at least once in a race that it happened.

Two days ago we did a practice race with I think about 10 people (could not see how many there were ;)) on victoria, had a great start on the 125cc and when progressing through the field, riders just popped up in front of me. As I was just lucky not to be on the same line i didn't hit anyone but I think this gives a good illustration of problems it can cause.

HornetMaX

I'm not aware of any explicit limitation to 6 bikes and I'm sure to have seen more than 6 in many occasions.

The problem is however there, as others have reported it in the exact same terms.

@Piboso:

• Would it help to have an in-game video of this happening with the "network graphs" showing on screen ?
  • What is to  be done to show the "network graphs" ? I think it was described on the old forum.

MaX.

iVolution

Ok i got an update on this.

Today at a Redbull Rookie race i counted the other bikes. There were 5 other bikes rendered aside from my own. As I guess there were about 10 riders on the starting grid. Now the following happened.

At the exact moment two riders got disqualified and disappeared from the track, at least one rider in front of me became visible again. This does support my claim that only a maximum number of bikes are rendered at the same time. If one disappears another takes its place it seems.

Arvoss

When I ride it only renders the 5-6 closest bikes. Maybe there is a hidden function that no one knows about?  :P I have a low ping 30-50 so I don't think it has something to do with my connection.

HornetMaX

January 29, 2014, 09:51:41 PM #4 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:00:03 PM by HornetMaX
Thx to Desteban, here's the option for network debug graph, to be added in your profile.ini:

[debug]
netcode=1

Description:

• red bars=packets loss (no red bars = 100% quality)
  • yellow bars = ping (shorter better)
  • purple bars = time difference wrt server (higher = more lag)

But wait for Piboso to come back on this, as the graph will (eventually) only be meaningful to him.

MaX.

Hawk

Thanks, Max. I think I'll give that a try. ;)

Hawk

January 29, 2014, 10:58:51 PM #6 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:00:22 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: HornetMaX on January 29, 2014, 09:51:41 PM
Thx to Desteban, here's the option for network debug graph, to be added in your profile.ini:

[debug]
netcode=0

Description:

• red bars=packets loss (no red bars = 100% quality)
  • yellow bars = ping (shorter better)
  • purple bars = time difference wrt server (higher = more lag)

But wait for Piboso to come back on this, as the graph will (eventually) only be meaningful to him.

MaX.

I just tried this and I didn't get any graph bars show on screen?

HornetMaX

Oups, has to be set to 1 ... :)

[I fixed it now in my message above]

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 29, 2014, 10:59:51 PM
Oups, has to be set to 1 ... :)

[I fixed it now in my message above]

MaX.

Thnx Max! ;)

C21

I´ve noticed a massive increase in (my own or is it the server ??) ping (lenght of the yellow bar) when another guy joined (in in this case a short lag)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

DEBUG ON SCREEN GRAPH REPORT:

I noticed when I first join track the red bar is very high for a split second then goes to nothing.

Also noticed red bar and yellow bar go high when someone else joins, and the game freezes before continuing(this is when it usually core.exe's for me).

Yellow bar is mostly very low.

Purple bar is pretty much negligible(Hardly reads anything most of time.).