• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:53:11 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

In-game downloads

Started by Arvoss, January 07, 2014, 10:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoss

It would be nice to be able to download updates, tracks and bikes in the game. For example: I try to join a R6 Race on Monza but I don't have the track and bike. I get a pop-up: You don't have the track Monza v1 and the R6 bike. Download and install now or back to menu.
An automatic skin download would be one of the most important things for me. Pop-up: Some players are using custom skins. Download and install the skins or continue with the default skin.

Tell me what you think ;)

PiBoSo

What about a cup of coffee, too?  :P
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on January 07, 2014, 10:53:48 PM
It would be nice to be able to download updates, tracks and bikes in the game. For example: I try to join a R6 Race on Monza but I don't have the track and bike. I get a pop-up: You don't have the track Monza v1 and the R6 bike. Download and install now or back to menu.
An automatic skin download would be one of the most important things for me. Pop-up: Some players are using custom skins. Download and install the skins or continue with the default skin.

Tell me what you think ;)

Great idea, and something I've mentioned before, but like what was stated at the time, there would have to be a separate download server to save the load on the main server, plus there would be the problem of large bandwith usage too, who would pay for that?
Having said that, it would be a great facility to have, but probably because of the reasons above, very unlikely to happen.

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 07, 2014, 11:23:40 PM

What about a cup of coffee, too?  :P

Haha! I like your style, Piboso! ;D 8)