• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:15:57 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[Old] WSBK 2017 Ducati Panigale R - comment/suggestion

Started by Italian Mod Team, February 14, 2017, 08:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Italian Mod Team

February 14, 2017, 08:48:30 PM Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 09:33:39 AM by Blackheart
Riders, here You can put yours comment/suggestion and all you think about DUCATI PANIGALE R (spec WSBK 2017)
All team thank you for your contribute

MultiCOOLFRESH

Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

andrea.fiorelli

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on February 14, 2017, 09:03:12 PM
Not enough lean angle and not fast enough...

Multi, I try this evening that bike and I made 1:30.7 at Victoria...I think it isn't slow, don't you know?? On Superpole last year Giugliano made 1:30.0
I'm not The Faster here then...I think it's a good bike

Italian Mod Team

February 14, 2017, 09:32:46 PM #3 Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 09:40:53 PM by Italian Mod Team

Sorry but this report is useless.  ::)

The lean angle is correct, And you can make 1:30 to Victoria with both the bikes

Check the tyres temp, the optimal is 90° for the front and 95° for post tyres, obviously with a difference of about +/-5 °

Nismo

This bike is really amazing, the brakes are so much realistic and the engine is so manageable.
I find a little problem with the clutch ( I play with assisted clutch), when the engine rpm speed is lowered than 4000'rpm the clutch engages and the engine brake turn off like a scooter  :'( 

tchemi

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: andrea.fiorelli on February 14, 2017, 09:28:20 PM

Multi, I try this evening that bike and I made 1:30.7 at Victoria...I think it isn't slow, don't you know?? On Superpole last year Giugliano made 1:30.0
I'm not The Faster here then...I think it's a good bike

Well, my test track is Mugello, because I love this track. I can try the bikes out at Victoria, but at Mugello they are not good, at least for me  ;)

Italian Mod Team

The bikes were tested also at Mugello, there's nothing wrong with this track, again sorry but the problem is just your.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on February 15, 2017, 02:42:55 PM
The bikes were tested also at Mugello, there's nothing wrong with this track, again sorry but the problem is just your.

Ok, then I am the problem :D

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on February 15, 2017, 02:45:26 PM

Tonight an other member, will explain how the tires works, I hope this will help solve your problem.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on February 15, 2017, 02:48:28 PM
Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on February 15, 2017, 02:45:26 PM

Tonight an other member, will explain how the tires works, I hope this will help solve your problem.

Could help, but I will never be the best rider in GP Bikes, wich also explains that I am having trouble with many bikes :P

davidboda46

Would be great if someone explained how tires work for me as well. I never touch the psi settings, I just switch between Soft or hard options depending on track, setup and stint length.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

MultiCOOLFRESH

After some testing on Victoria, I also had a 1:31 on my time list. I think, the bike is way more enjoyable here, then on Mugello. Just a quick idea, the Ducati pulls the auto-clutch to early and when you are breaking with both breaks, the clutch will be pulled all the way, until you go on the gas. Would be good if you can fix that, because that is a little bit annoying, unless it is realistic, but I doubt that :D

Syd

To me, braking, power and grip are really good.
Handling is good (considering GP Bikes limitations) and it seems to be really quick in the corners.
At Mid Ohio (best track yet!) TCS at 4 made the bike feel docile. At 3 it was a different animal! Maybe a smaller step would be better. Or 3.5. But it might just be the way I drive..
On board view (I only ride onboard) feels full, immersive and really nice, although the screen is more like from a BMW tourer ;)
This bike seems to have a long loading time, around 50 sec offline, compared to 25 sec for STK 1000. Is that just me? Or should it be like that.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Syd on February 15, 2017, 08:53:57 PM
To me, braking, power and grip are really good.
Handling is good (considering GP Bikes limitations) and it seems to be really quick in the corners.
At Mid Ohio (best track yet!) TCS at 4 made the bike feel docile. At 3 it was a different animal! Maybe a smaller step would be better. Or 3.5. But it might just be the way I drive..
On board view (I only ride onboard) feels full, immersive and really nice, although the screen is more like from a BMW tourer ;)
This bike seems to have a long loading time, around 50 sec offline, compared to 25 sec for STK 1000. Is that just me? Or should it be like that.

Nope, it needs to load longer, because the file (the bike) is pretty large.