• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:28:13 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Anybody using Nvidia DSR on PiboSo's sims ?

Started by HornetMaX, February 24, 2017, 10:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Question as per title: anybody using Nvidia DSR with PiBoSo's sims ?

I gave it a try and I seem to prefer it.

My usual settings: 1920x1080 @ 120Hz, AAx8, everything else maxed out (1080 is my monitor's native res, of course).
DSR settings: 3849x2160 @ 120Hz, AAx0, everything else maxed out.

h106frp

Thanks for the tip Max, never realised this function existed,

After a bit of fiddling to work out how its enabled I am quite impressed and I guess this will be Nvidia preferred solution moving forward as its embedded in the Maxwell hardware.

For anyone else head scratching Nvidias explanation for unsupported games in Experience is quite vague but you need to set the feature up in the normal Control panel 3D display section where you create a sort of virtual display mode that can then be selected in GPB

Using the maximum resolution dropping to 4AA (from16AA) gets me back to 120fps. I would say it looks crisper especially around transparent/semi-tansparent textures.

Have noticed a possible distance issue at Knockhill with the radio masts but that might have been there before.

Vergio101

how to enable on geforce experience for gpbikes??

h106frp

February 25, 2017, 12:46:04 PM #3 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 04:06:44 PM by h106frp
You need a Maxwell based card and recent drivers.

GPB is not supported by experience but...

For anyone else head scratching Nvidias explanation for unsupported games in Experience is quite vague but you need to set the feature up in the normal Control panel 3D display section where you create a sort of virtual display mode that can then be selected in GPB

Go to Nvidia control panel
Manage 3D settings
Global settings
Select DSR factors and select your maximum virtual resolution and apply
Goto GPBikes and you now find you have an extra display resolution
Select it - your physical display is stock but the scaling is being done by the Nvidia driver
Reduce AA to rebalance frame rate - you do not need it anymore

I am cautious and knock GPB back to stock physical resolution before playing with different DSR options just in case it gets a bit confused  ;D

Urban Chaos 2.0

You don't need a Maxwell GPU to enable DSR. Anything from a GTX 750ti and up will support the feature.

doubledragoncc

I only have DSR in global settings.

If I want to make a profile for GPB it has no option for DSR?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 25, 2017, 03:39:43 PM

DD

After enabling DSR in the control panel, you'll be able to select a higher resolution in GP Bikes than your native resolution (as per your DSR settings in the control panel).

doubledragoncc

DID that but Nvidea SHARE s being a bitch lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

February 25, 2017, 04:08:35 PM #8 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 04:25:48 PM by h106frp
Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on February 25, 2017, 03:41:07 PM

DD

After enabling DSR in the control panel, you'll be able to select a higher resolution in GP Bikes than your native resolution (as per your DSR settings in the control panel).

Only quoting Nvidias blurb  :)
http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/technology/dsr/technology

750 series are Maxwell anyway  ;)

doubledragoncc

DSR is working fine just cant record with NVidea software at this moment. I use OBS anyways for overlay and 2 extra cams so it will be interesting to see how this works. I have to do a beta test of Ghost Recon Wildland this weekend so will be a good test.

DD

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: h106frp on February 25, 2017, 04:08:35 PM
Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on February 25, 2017, 03:41:07 PM

DD

Only quoting Nvidias blurb  :)
http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/technology/dsr/technology

750 series are Maxwell anyway  ;)

Actually: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/supported-gpus

Nvidia's a bit of a scumbag company. Doing their best to maximise profit, even if it means lying to consumers, and withholding features to try and get people buying their shit. if only "CD Projekt Red" wasn't the only decent company in the world.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 25, 2017, 04:17:18 PM
DSR is working fine just cant record with NVidea software at this moment. I use OBS anyways for overlay and 2 extra cams so it will be interesting to see how this works. I have to do a beta test of Ghost Recon Wildland this weekend so will be a good test.
I checked with OBS and it works fine.
Only one quirk: OBS will not list your "DSR resolution"  (under Settings/Video/Base (canvas) resolution), the pull down menu will only list your native ones.
You have to manually enter the resolution (i.e. type in "3840x2160"). Don't forget to downscale :)

Quote from: h106frp on February 25, 2017, 12:46:04 PM
GPB is not supported by experience but...
You don't need to use GeForce Experience to use DSR, only changing the settings in the Nvidia Control panel will work.
Also, DSR does not need any specific support from the game developers, except for the game to be able to support higher resolutions. That's part of the appeal, it works with all games.

Quote from: h106frp on February 25, 2017, 10:50:07 AM
Using the maximum resolution dropping to 4AA (from16AA) gets me back to 120fps. I would say it looks crisper especially around transparent/semi-tansparent textures.
I've even dropped to AAx0 and it still looks good to me (on 24in 1080p lcd).