• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:45:04 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

beta11 question.

Started by MonJue, February 22, 2017, 09:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonJue

Hi All,

So to update to beta11 do i re download and overwrite install the sim again? will this keep all my mods etc.. or do i need to put them back after? And is there any info regarding whats new in beta11?

Also whats the difference between NDS tracks and non NDS?

Im slowly noobing my way out of these thing with all your help!

As always thank you!

doubledragoncc

February 22, 2017, 09:51:02 AM #1 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:53:04 AM by doubledragoncc
The safest way to install a new version is to leave your present GPB install where it is, install the beta 11 BUT make sure that when it asks where to install that you add beta11 to the folder name and then install GPB. That means dont install to default GP Bikes folder, change it to GP Bikes b11 or GP Bikes beta11 or what you want.

Now you can simply move your bikes,tracks,misc,plugins folders from your old beta10 to beta11. NOT the pkz files but the extracted folders with MODS in them

Do NOT move the riders folder YET

Now for beta11 you need to extract the rider.pkz with winrar. Now you can move your rider paints folder to the modern folder that is in the riders folder. NOTE that now you have a riders folder in the rider folder the s is important here!!!

Now check your GPBikes beta10 works and you have all you need from the old version and then deleat the old version.

Hope I wrote it okay for you m8

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

MonJue

Ha... i will follow your instruction exactly! and report back!

Is there info on what changes we see in beta11? EDIT: Found it!!!!!

As always thank you!