• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:13:59 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

.ini questions

Started by MonJue, February 24, 2017, 10:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonJue

Hi All,

Can somebody please educate me on the .ini file?
I think i have located the file sitting in the c:/gpbikes install directory correct?

I have some questions...

do i simple open the .ini file using notepad, make changes then save?
and what are the replay buffer sizes? whats the range? 10 to 500???
and finally what does the replay buffer size do? what changes will i see?

As always thanks for any info!

Hawk

Here is the info on .ini files and the locations of them: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?board=14.0

The replay buffer(in the gpbike.ini) is set from a default of 10MB up to 512 MB if I'm not mistaken, and the higher the amount you set it the longer time frame GPBikes will record for you to be able to save should you wish to do so.
So if you keep your replay buffer at 10MB you will only get a short period of replay time available to save, but if you want to record and save a whole race event then set it at maximum amount and it will cover that time period for you to save. You can always edit the replay file to a shorter length if you wish on playback using the replay controls in the replay control panel.

Yes, you do just open the .ini files in notepad and edit as required and then save it back to it's original location.

Hope this helps mate.  ;)

Hawk.

MonJue

Quote from: Hawk on February 24, 2017, 11:31:38 AM
Here is the info on .ini files and the locations of them: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?board=14.0

The replay buffer(in the gpbike.ini) is set from a default of 10MB up to 512 MB if I'm not mistaken, and the higher the amount you set it the longer time frame GPBikes will record for you to be able to save should you wish to do so.
So if you keep your replay buffer at 10MB you will only get a short period of replay time available to save, but if you want to record and save a whole race event then set it at maximum amount and it will cover that time period for you to save. You can always edit the replay file to a shorter length if you wish on playback using the replay controls in the replay control panel.

Yes, you do just open the .ini files in notepad and edit as required and then save it back to it's original location.

Hope this helps mate.  ;)

Hawk.

Thank you so much Hawk!  :D