• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:27:25 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP250cc BikeMod [Beta 12b]

Started by Jose Reina, March 03, 2017, 10:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Very nice paint job Davide.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

tchemi

Hello.

I have a question. I am wondering if it is a bug or not.

With the carbon brakes, the bike has a huge stopping power. It is really amazing how it decelerate... untill you go slow. Let me explain. In 6th, flat out, take the brakes and you can literally feel the Gs like if a parachute was opening in your back. But, in 1st gear, at ~100km/h, I grab the brakes and it took me an eternity to stop the bike.
In real life, the slower you are, the more efficient your brakes are.

that's all folks

Hawk

Quote from: tchemi on May 29, 2017, 03:58:27 PM
Hello.

I have a question. I am wondering if it is a bug or not.

With the carbon brakes, the bike has a huge stopping power. It is really amazing how it decelerate... untill you go slow. Let me explain. In 6th, flat out, take the brakes and you can literally feel the Gs like if a parachute was opening in your back. But, in 1st gear, at ~100km/h, I grab the brakes and it took me an eternity to stop the bike.
In real life, the slower you are, the more efficient your brakes are.

that's all folks

You didn't experience brake fade did you? Can happen if the brakes get too hot.

Hawk.

matty0l215

Not with carbon. In fact the opposite should be correct. Carbon break disks increase effictivness the hotter they get, It's one of the reasons that they are used. So they should fade in almost
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Boerenlater

I thought GP Bikes did not simulate brake temps.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

matty0l215

Im not sure. You may be right actually...
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

LOOPATELI

I think it does with the last beta, not sure. I'll check it next time I tweak the mod

Warlock

It does in last beta  ;)

tchemi

It simulates brakes temperature since beta 9 or 10.
edit : (har, too slow)

Anyway, what do you guys think about that ? bug or any behaviour that has been tryed to be recreated ??

Warlock

Difficult to say with temps simulation. Indeed carbon brakes works hot, but how accurate is the brakes temp simulated or whats the optimal disc temp i don't know. So its difficult to say if its a bug or simulation.

tchemi

Tested the brakes with steel disk. Same thing but the difference is less perceptible.

Warlock

Quote from: Davide74 on May 29, 2017, 08:06:50 PM
Quote from: Hawk on May 29, 2017, 03:03:19 PM
Very nice paint job Davide.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Thx friend.

Indeed , also your signature one, true artist m8  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 29, 2017, 05:02:36 PM
Quote from: Hawk on May 29, 2017, 04:42:09 PM
You didn't experience brake fade did you? Can happen if the brakes get too hot.
Not with carbon. In fact the opposite should be correct. Carbon break disks increase effictivness the hotter they get, It's one of the reasons that they are used. So they should fade in almost
At the risk of being called a picky bastard, carbon brakes can have fading too.
Past a certain temperature, they brake less, just like steel brakes.
What is true about carbon vs steel is that carbon needs to be kept at the right temp more than steel (i.e. a cold steel brake will still brake quite significantly while a cold carbon will brake much less).
Carbon will also brake a bit more than steel (both at their optimal temp) and, probably most important, is significantly lighter (unsuspended rotating mass = bad).

That's why you go for steel in rain (also because you may need less peak force) and why on some tracks they put on some brake fairing on carbon discs (to avoid them cooling down too much on long straights).