• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:14:10 PM

Aaugh!

Started by PiBoSo, March 09, 2017, 11:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: AUSSIEDIRT on March 29, 2017, 02:16:38 PM

and just like that its all over sim racing as we know it changes ... not since rfactor has there been that sort of game changer. im actually depressed that iracing have dirt, regardless of whats achieved here today is a sad day for all the games that have paved the way / forught for a piece of the cake .

Sad indeed.
It could, however, be turned into motivation to work harder and faster to try to give iRacing a good run for their money  :)
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Phathry25

Why would that make you sad?  Finally a bar to measure our mods by exists. Seems like the glory days are upon us to me. Just the small matter of PiBoSo delivering the platform on which to mod. rFactor was not a great game, it was merely a platform from which to build. The mods made it great.

The excitement over iRacing isn't because it's iRacing, it's because it marks a huge improvement over any content 99% of that community knows about. WRS has its own strengths that iRacing will never be able to compete with. Focus your energy on exploiting those strengths as best you can while striving to equal iRacings strengths as best you can. Every single iRacing player also owns other simracing titles that interest them, make WRS one of those titles.

Urban Chaos 2.0

March 29, 2017, 06:40:22 PM #17 Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:46:28 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Mods, mods, and more mods. It always is that special sweet source which grows a game/sim RAPIDLY. I know A.I's it's been mentioned briefly before, but A.I, and the ability for the community to train the A.I, would be of great benefit. Building a simple base, from which modders can customize A.I. for each track will lift a significant work-load away from Piboso, and place it on the community who will certainly be quite eager to take it upon themselves.

AUSSIEDIRT

Sad because of what it means for all the rfactor communities.

That being said there is alot to be learnt example just watching iracing stuff has got me thinking about what can be done with wrs and how we can replicate it. I dont think what iracing are doing with their tracks is to dissimilar to what wrs is capable of. Billion dollar Ted can't stop what's coming here.

I bet we can pump out tracks of the same quality faster then they can and when the platform comes up to meet our needs the war will certainly be on

PiBoSo

Quote from: Phathry25 on March 29, 2017, 06:03:49 PM
Why would that make you sad?  Finally a bar to measure our mods by exists. Seems like the glory days are upon us to me. Just the small matter of PiBoSo delivering the platform on which to mod. rFactor was not a great game, it was merely a platform from which to build. The mods made it great.

The excitement over iRacing isn't because it's iRacing, it's because it marks a huge improvement over any content 99% of that community knows about. WRS has its own strengths that iRacing will never be able to compete with. Focus your energy on exploiting those strengths as best you can while striving to equal iRacings strengths as best you can. Every single iRacing player also owns other simracing titles that interest them, make WRS one of those titles.

From the user / modder point of view, it's sad because it fragments the community.
From a developer point of view, it's sad because it steals sales.

AUSSIEDIRT

Phathry25

Glass half full/glass half empty. I chose to see the positives.

More people exposed to dirt track racing via iRacing = more potential customers for PiBoSo.

Automobilista, AC, rFactor2 and R3E can all succeed and they all offer that same things as iRacing on a smaller scale. The each have their strengths. There's no reason WRS can't succeed if the right inprovements are made.

Cory_Hayes.11

Not sure how relevant this is, but I have heard like.... a lot of positive feed back from iRacing Dirt, apparently it really really good.
(As you would expect though from a company like iRacing though really )
YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

AUSSIEDIRT

One must ask them selves is what I'm about to say constructive to the conversation to be relevant. Good for them I say

AUSSIEDIRT

Sorry that was probably a bit to passive aggressive. We're not talking about how good iracing is were talking about the want to beat it

Cory_Hayes.11

sorry?

I was just saying like.... I have heard its pretty good.... good on PiBoSo for being determined to take on a speedway market now, will be interesting to see if a community that is able to mod can keep up with quality content like iRacing.

AUSSIEDIRT

Don't listen to me I'm tired

Piboso is there the potential for damage to be built in? I as because I was watching iracing crashes ND they look garbage

PiBoSo

Quote from: AUSSIEDIRT on March 31, 2017, 04:04:29 AM

Piboso is there the potential for damage to be built in? I as because I was watching iracing crashes ND they look garbage

Don't worry about being aggressive to Cory. He's a professional forum troll.

For sure it's possible to add damage, alongside dirt and detachable parts.
What exactly would you like to see simulated?

Cory_Hayes.11

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 31, 2017, 07:48:21 AM
Quote from: AUSSIEDIRT on March 31, 2017, 04:04:29 AM

Don't worry about being aggressive to Cory. He's a professional forum troll.

For sure it's possible to add damage, alongside dirt and detachable parts.
What exactly would you like to see simulated?

Couple things.

1. " Don't worry about being aggressive to Cory, He's a professional forum troll. ", yeah, really professional.
2. I understand AussieDirt being tired and what not and remain to have no problem with him, I understand being tired and grumpy.
3. This thread is specifically around iRacing Dirt as a topic, so since no one really had said it, me saying I have heard its really good is actually rather valid/relevant.

WRS is good for dirt in terms of you can still use a controller and produce good times ( You wouldn't be able to in iRacing ), I do plan on looking into making/finishing some dirt content for WRS ( even though I am an iracing fan) I do still enjoy messing around with modelling.

AUSSIEDIRT

Did you have to apply for a licence and everything Cory? Not sure what regulators you have to apply to become a troll... Ha

I think outside of Ai which would separate wrs from iracing. I think we need particle physics to accurately replicate cushion and blow off this would be transferable to mxbikes too. Crushable parts so in the case of a roll the wings would deform and crush, with sprintcars especially the wheels detatch buy in most cases it's the suspension that fails and this would be the replicate able part to aim for. Beyond that what's the potential of having the game run multi race events and track it without having to record all data so it could have hotlaps quality race race dash feature. Have a look at how ratbag did woo2002