• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:20:09 AM

Multiple .map files?

Started by h106frp, April 06, 2017, 08:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Is it possible to support multiple .map files?

Could i have a second .map for a non-collidable scenic layer that could be added/removed from an ini file?

Could this be added as a track feature as it would help a lot with track model detail scaling.

Thank you

TFC

I know in mxb you can add multiple scenery (edf) files to your track hmf and tht.. These are for on track objects like buildings, trees etc..

I know things work differently in gpb so don't know how useful that is..

I tend not to use background.edf as the lack of perspective isn't nice.

h106frp

Might be worth a try, any idea how it knows to load the extra .edf?

TFC

http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/MXB_Track_Creation_Guide

On phone right now so can't really check, don't know how gpb tracks are constructed.. But might be worth trying to see if you have a control file like mxb uses the hmf and tht files if the scenery argument can be used..

h106frp

Cheers for the link, finally found the info to get ambient sounds in GPB working  :)

TFC

At least something good came of it ;)

I had a quick browse of the wiki last night and couldn't see a way of using scenery.. :(

h106frp

Tried re-using background edf for foreground model support and it just does not work and created a bit frame rate hit.

TFC

Yeah, I only really use background for a flat horizon wrap..

I even ditched that and started putting my scenery in the skybox as background.edf was being shaded. Think that's been fixed now though.

You can add objects in tracked.. Might that be useful?

h106frp

I wanted to add a rather significant amount of ground foliage  ;D

If you do not have the background.edf it does seem to create a draw distance issue - maybe it could just be totally transparent.

TFC

Well, as cheeky as it sounds I sometimes scale down my distant scenery lol.. Making it look smaller and further away combined with the in game FOV and it works surprisingly well ;D