• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:38:46 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Help me to start moding bikes

Started by poumpouny, April 27, 2017, 11:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

Hi, everyone.

I'm a moto GP fan, of course a Gpbikes fan, and a 3D Artist in real life. I would love to mod bikes (and track later) for the community. I'm not a develloper at all (juste some test in UE 4  and using template and some basic flash skill) so my question is for Gp Bikes, after i finished modeling and texturing the bike in my 3d software :

- i export in wich format for gp bike ?
- wich software to use to do the bike physics ?
- do i need lot of coding ?
- is it doable for a designer (not develloper at all) to mod bike from A-Z for gpbikes ?

Thanx

Alone

April 27, 2017, 12:17:21 PM #1 Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 12:19:49 PM by Alone
Hi. Here you have an old kind of tuto. There are better ways to integrate the bikes, but that's the one I used.
You can have some info at doc.piboso.com

Here the way I used to integrate a bike: www.mediafire.com/file/520paksyo09aypl/tutorial+for+3d+models.doc

For the physics you can use the tools provide by Piboso, here: http://www.forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1458.45
You will have the BikeEd to do the geometry, and the engine to make the engine :)

The rest of the physics are in the bike.cfg file and in the tyres files (which uses Pacejka's MF). You can find some interesting info here: http://www.gpbikes-mods.wikia.com/wiki/GPBikes_mods_Wiki

No code at all.

Cheers.

matty0l215

April 27, 2017, 01:49:35 PM #2 Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:46:46 PM by matty0l215
As Alone said

Follow that tutorial  its old but it works :)

Depending on what 3d modeling software you are using, you ve pretty much using the FBX2EDF conertor. As its title says, you export in FBX and it converts the model to the EDF file format GPB uses.

PIBOSO has made a template bike to work from. it is made for MXB but it works fine for GPB- LINK

This has the template bike, a very basic creation guide and the physics tools.

This one has got the FBX2EDF tool- LINK

Matty

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

poumpouny

Thanx Guys  :D, i'm using cinema 4d. i'll check those link asap !

h106frp

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Alone

Here you have a bike in FBX to see as an example (sizes, pivots): www.mediafire.com/file/0r99amo8v95r8r2/C592.rar

poumpouny

Hi,

just to ask how much is the recommanded polycount for gpbikes ?

Thx

Hawk

Quote from: poumpouny on May 03, 2017, 01:00:49 PM
Hi,

just to ask how much is the recommanded polycount for gpbikes ?

Thx

My advice would be to model detail were it's going to be seen or will be possible to see the model close-up by the rider/s, and don't model parts that are not going to be seen at all. In my opinion, if you follow those guidelines then you won't run into any problems with poly-counts with the graphics and system capabilities used these days.... And don't even think about reducing quality for users who are possibly using old outdated machines or old PC OS's; if they can't be arsed to at least upgrade to a reasonable system then tuff luck for them I say.  :P ;D

Hawk.

h106frp

For the full 3P bike model 50k triangles is pretty safe, you can add LOD layers as well. Models up to 70k triangles does not appear to cause any issues on modern hardware.

In game the biggest frame variance is caused by depth of field for the track model.