• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:12:54 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Uphill, Downhill

Started by Ryanoh4, May 01, 2017, 10:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanoh4

Any news on the uphill downhill physics?

Urban Chaos 2.0

beta 11 seems to have improved that aspect of the simulation significantly.

Ryanoh4

matty0l215

Why not try it for yourself.

The physics in beta11 have defenetly imrpoved but it would best if you tested them to see how much by.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

It also depends HOW YOU ride. Some have problems still others find it less of a problem. Setups effect EVERYTHING lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Primarily it's only an issue for 3rd-person riders, or those who aren't naturally that fast. That uphill-downhill under-steer unnaturally fights against one's ability to produce fast lap-times, but since beta 11, I find it's become a non-factor in that regard. If you can adapt your style to compensate for that 'slight' physics issue, you'll be able to make up time elsewhere with ease. On the plus side: When Piboso finally gets around to fixing the issue completely, all the time you've spent making do with much less, will allow you to do much more.

matty0l215

At the moment physics shouldnt be a main  concern . Yes they arnt 100% yet but Modders can work around most issues we currently have. (Depending on the bike up/downhill is a non issue) and like DD said its down to how you ride. You're not going to go full 60 degree lean into the hairpin at victoria, no bike can.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

h106frp

May 02, 2017, 12:20:47 PM #7 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:26:58 PM by h106frp
Turn 1 at Brands probably causes the most problems for the uphill/downhill issue, the bike should wash out a bit here but the feeling is that it just loses any ability to turn. I would disagree though, physics are physics and should not 'sort of' work as it is likely that whatever causes this issue also feeds into other areas of the bikes handling response.

As far as I know (IRL) you should be trying to reduce front tyre load (weight to rear as the CofG line will be acting much closer to the front tire contact) and keep drive on the rear to balance the bike, so you want to set your speed before entry and stay off the front brake. None of this seems to work in game though  :)

As front tyre loading should be high it would be interesting to see if this was noticeable in debug mode? The feeling in game is that the rear is unloaded to the point of no grip but at the same time so is the front -> washout.

CapeDoctor

this was my biggest issue with the last beta i tried, and thankfully it seems nicely resolved now.
one of my first tests was the brands first corner, as well as Arrabiate 1 at Mugello, the long uphill climb, which always washed the front out. now it CAN still happen if you use too much lean input, but it's easily manageable now, whereas before i had to literally slow right down just at a crucial time when i need the power.
kudos to a good job there, Mr PiB! :D

CapeDoctor

the more i've been testing this out, the more i'm thinking it's just me being a little too heavy-handed with the inputs that's causing this.
still, it would be a great improvement if the sim could rather just ignore my physics-defying inputs, rather than to give in to my maniac will, and defy those physics, anyway.....   :o    ;D