• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:34:05 PM

[RACE 9] Spa - Francorchamps

Started by tchemi, August 02, 2017, 10:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tchemi

Meyer#12

Meyer#12

Boerenlater

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo a core on lap 9:-[
Best race of the year for me. Great start, could hold p3 for long.
Until faster riders caught me but still I was consistent. Doing great for me, only fell of 2 times during 9 laps.
A bummer my race had to end like this. I believe I was in p4 after Blackhearts retirement.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Warlock

Meyer#12

Meyer#12

tchemi

Quote from: Boerenlater on August 13, 2017, 08:29:33 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo a core on lap 9:-[
Best race of the year for me. Great start, could hold p3 for long.
Until faster riders caught me but still I was consistent. Doing great for me, only fell of 2 times during 9 laps.
A bummer my race had to end like this. I believe I was in p4 after Blackhearts retirement.

It was really nice to see you in the front of the race ! ;)

Mwell... Sorry Fin, but you weren't 2nd, I was ! One of my laps haven't been counted cause we felt just at the last checkpoint with Hawk.

Gentlemen, You will remeber this day as the day I barely beat Finpower AND Warlock at the same time ^^

finpower

The race was really shit.
Did not come well in the race.
But one thing I need to get rid of.
Boerenlater what you have done was simply shit. You got me lanege time with your tank blocket and because I waited behind you, I was also shot from behind.ich find that was not very fair.
But what is it, this evening was simply shit run.
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

Boerenlater

Quote from: finpower on August 13, 2017, 09:01:20 PM
The race was really shit.
Did not come well in the race.
But one thing I need to get rid of.
Boerenlater what you have done was simply shit. You got me lanege time with your tank blocket and because I waited behind you, I was also shot from behind.ich find that was not very fair.
But what is it, this evening was simply shit run.
If you mean the first corner on lap 3 I think, I apologize for that.
I had no intention to block you, I just did break probably a lot earlier than you and took a different line then you rammed me and I think it was Blackheart who also got caught in it.
Racing accident in my opinion.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Blackheart

I hit in a lap Fin... because he was in middle at the first corner at 10 km/h for me was impossible avoid it, some laps later i hit the Fin bike on the ground in the same corner...

Grooveski

August 14, 2017, 01:24:15 AM #39 Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:30:42 AM by Grooveski
Congratulations Meyer!  Job well done mate!   8)

...and Tchemi - There was a point in the series (a practice session at Brno maybe) where I thought we'd maybe be seeing a fair bit of each other but man, you turned out to be a lot faster than I thought.   :D
Tonight in quali you may have heard a scrape of bodywork after you went past and wondered what happened - was just me wondering "Is this one of the guys I should be able to keep up with?" and finding out the hard way.  :'(

....and Fin.  Good on you, took it to the end and although you've finished on a low note it was still a great performance over the course of the season.  Since back when we were in split rooms you've been my 'guy to watch' in the live-replay to learn a trick or two.  ;)

Special mention to my team-mate Warlock for the 'series podium'.  Thanks for allsorts!
Setups, tips, playing the ghost and more...  Can't ask much more of an experienced team-mate.
One question though - are you sandbagging on the CAWS test races?  I had no idea you were so fast until there were points involved(and then I never seen you again).  :o

My Championship was a total shambles.  ::)  I'd missed out on getting the entry list for a few so this was my first GPB series.  Had barely missed a race in GP500 for three years or so before that(so was right up for it)
Started well with a couple of upright races.  ;D
Then moved house and in the chaos missed a few.  (Laguna I was perfectly happy to miss  :P - had one practice there and it was a horror story)

Came back at Jerez and was taking it seriously - there may even have been a lap in practice where I kept up with Warlock in maybe-not-sandbagging mode.  I felt soooooo ready...
...then letting the wee 'zuk die on the grid and absent mindedly hitting the reset bounced me out of the race.
Gutted!

The new house is more social than the last so Brands I was tipsy for - the plan was for me to race anyway and my mates to watch from the next room om DD's drunk-o-vision feed but at 10 or so realised we'd missed it all by a mile.

Then it was just .....Synching.... .....Synching.... .....Synching.... until I found the magic settings for the new router(Ethernet cable + uPnP off + ipv6 off).
...which was only about a week ago.

Thanks fo DD for hosting(and taking the piss out of everyone live on the tube-of-you).  Thanks to Peter for the practice servers, to Nick for the paintjob, to Warlock for the sandbagging.....

Highlight was the first half of Monza - First time I'd seen an old foe (Rodrigio) in a couple of years and we were all over each other from the word go - but this time collisions were on and we both knew it.   :-\
...so were being real careful with each other as a result(we both know what a 350ms ping can do).
As we realised GPB was handling it way better than GP500 ever did things got tighter and tighter until I was tempted to give him a little nudge(just to see if I could  :P ).
Mid race when he ran off(no fault of mine) I nearly waited for him because the first half had been so much fun.  ;D

My view of tonight's race you can read about in a bug report tomorrow.    ::)
...but before I post it - quick question.
Do ride-throughs work?
...at all?
I tried twice tonight and at least twice in the past.  Have never managed to clear the PIT IN board though.

tchemi

Quote from: Grooveski on August 14, 2017, 01:24:15 AM
...and Tchemi - There was a point in the series (a practice session at Brno maybe) where I thought we'd maybe be seeing a fair bit of each other but man, you turned out to be a lot faster than I thought.   :D
Tonight in quali you may have heard a scrape of bodywork after you went past and wondered what happened - was just me wondering "Is this one of the guys I should be able to keep up with?" and finding out the hard way.  :'(

HAha, I really appreciate your words !

This was my first championship in GPB and before that I only made one official race.

At the beggining, I was not hoping very much from this. But at some point, I saw that I wasn't that bad and started to catch up with the good guys in front of me.
One thing that triggers the changes might be the training session with Kerazo at Brno. An other one was my personal objectif to finish at least one race in front of Warlock :D

One thing I realized through the differents event is that I'm not good at settings, I'm not good at qualifs, I'm not good with pressure.
At the beggining, I was struggling with overtakes, wanting them to be the sooner possible. I also always wanted to be fast on the first corner. All of this resulting in useless fall.

But, What I realized is that I'm good in second parts and ends of race. I have very often a better best lap during the race than guys that were ahead during qualifications.

The 3 last races, I finished 4th, 3rd then 2nd. I could never beat guys like Meyer, Loopateli, Kerazo, Nurb... But at least, I don't considere myself a rookie anymore.
I'm glad you saw this Grooveski, because that was exactly the feeling I had. At the beggining of the champ', I was looking for the guys I could compete with. And race after race, my objective has always steped forward. For the next champ', I will see things differently and try to be competitive since the beggining. Maybe try to build a strong team with some guys

I loved this championship, and it gives me the will to get involved in a future one to make the experience even better for everybody. I love this community and I feel like you are rewarded when you are involved.

See you on the track guys !

Grooveski

Quote from: tchemi on August 14, 2017, 02:45:51 PMAn other one was my personal objectif to finish at least one race in front of Warlock :D

I feel a bit guilty about how easily I let you past after the first corner carnage(knew I was going in to the pits so was just trying to stay out everybody's way).
...then the next person along got caught behind me through some twisty bits and held up a bit...
...and when he got past I realised it was Warlock.   :-[

Holding up your team-mate after letting others by - not good!    :(

Warlock

Quote from: Grooveski on August 14, 2017, 03:05:18 PM
I feel a bit guilty about how easily I let you past after the first corner carnage(knew I was going in to the pits so was just trying to stay out everybody's way).
...then the next person along got caught behind me through some twisty bits and held up a bit...
...and when he got past I realised it was Warlock.   :-[

Holding up your team-mate after letting others by - not good!    :(

Hey! no worries m8 , i dont blame you. You have the right to do your own race. Seriously, no worries.

Warlock

Haha great report Groovy, was a joy to read  :)

Special mention to my team-mate Warlock for the 'series podium'.  Thanks for allsorts!
Setups, tips, playing the ghost and more...  Can't ask much more of an experienced team-mate.
One question though - are you sandbagging on the CAWS test races?  I had no idea you were so fast until there were points involved(and then I never seen you again).  :o

Thanks you m8, im always glad to help others to improve , specialy nice guys in my own team  ;). I enjoy fun riding with others and i dont mind at all waiting for them when they crash or being slower.
About being "fast" , i need some time to get used to the bikes and work on the setup to be comfortable and feel some confidence so i can push a bit. Must be riding in onboard view what makes me need that training time to get used to it.
In caws test races, bikes are always different , also tracks, so they are a cold start for me.

.... next room om DD's drunk-o-vision feed
ROFL !  ;D

Then it was just .....Synching.... .....Synching.... .....Synching.... until I found the magic settings for the new router(Ethernet cable + uPnP off + ipv6 off).
...which was only about a week ago.

That was a real shame m8, you missed a few races after training for it during all day , glad you solved it and hope the best of luck for the next championship.

Quote from: tchemi on August 14, 2017, 02:45:51 PM
.... An other one was my personal objectif to finish at least one race in front of Warlock :D

Hahah thats indeed a motivation and what championships is all about :)

One thing I realized through the differents event is that I'm not good at settings, I'm not good at qualifs, I'm not good with pressure.
Same here m8, i learned to work a bit with settings to fit what i look for with the bike, takes long time.
Qualys, i dont care at all, i do them with the same race settings, full tank :P. Starts are very random anyway at this point in GPB so , i dont care what position i am in the grid.
Pressure,.....ugh  yes , my hands shake like a senior with parkinson for the few first laps, then i crash lol , then i settle and go for it.

At the beggining, I was struggling with overtakes, wanting them to be the sooner possible. I also always wanted to be fast on the first corner. All of this resulting in useless fall.
But, What I realized is that I'm good in second parts and ends of race. I have very often a better best lap during the race than guys that were ahead during qualifications.

I loved this championship, and it gives me the will to get involved in a future one to make the experience even better for everybody. I love this community and I feel like you are rewarded when you are involved.

I love competition if taken "seriously". Love championships , they are a marathon rather than a sprint, with time to train, to know the bike, and time to think during a long race.
I have some experience in GPB racing and i know races are long and anything can happen before the checkered flag comes down, so learned to be patient.
I rarely overtake in the first corner , too much tension on everyone to be safe so i take it easy and wait a bit until the group get stretched. Also hate to ruin anyones race in the first corner due a stupid mistake.

You are right when you get involved you are rewarded even if you dont get the desired standing (a motivation to race the next one :) ).
But is important to get involved and be responsable, ..if you sign in for the party you have to stay for the whole, and never rage quit a race (something i really really hate).
Its sad starting with 15 riders and finish with 4, really devaluate the party

All in all was good fun to ride with you all , guys, ...waiting for the next one. :)
Thanks DD for taking the time to organize it and for the livestreaming, it adds a bonus to the whole. Thank you.

Adalgood

I wanted to apologize to Hawk for the race yesterday. I made to the left trying to leave the line free but I could not avoid the collision. Sorry for ruining your race. :-\