• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:42:32 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[RACE 9] Spa - Francorchamps

Started by tchemi, August 02, 2017, 10:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tchemi

Yo guys !

Here begin the psychologic war. What's your time ?

so far I'm in 2.50.40 in race setup. Only did 5 laps and taken the setup from Imola. It is quite good here. Just changed the tyres and the gears ratio.

Blackheart

Here a my 2 years ago lap and it is 2:39 with the 250, dunno if the new mod is very different. Maybe tomorrow I try some laps with the new.

https://www.youtube.com/v/jbQHcZWQLzc

Meyer#12

Quote from: Blackheart on August 02, 2017, 10:49:14 PM
Here a my 2 years ago lap and it is 2:39 with the 250, dunno if the new mod is very different. Maybe tomorrow I try some laps with the new.

https://www.youtube.com/v/jbQHcZWQLzc

Laps are quite a bit slower with the new mod :)

My laps so far are in 2.44-2.45 race setup and pace for a race is around those times :)

QP will be a tad faster ;)
Meyer#12

tchemi

Hey guys !!

It is not possible to make 20 laps with a full fuel tank. With 23l, I can only make 16 laps and I finish with the vapes.
What are we doing ? Is there any pit stop in GPB ??

Meyer#12

Quote from: tchemi on August 10, 2017, 10:19:27 PM
Hey guys !!

It is not possible to make 20 laps with a full fuel tank. With 23l, I can only make 16 laps and I finish with the vapes.

I also think 20 laps will be a quite a bit too long with laps of 2.45-2.55.

fuel won't last as you say but tyres won't either. I think max 15 laps around here. It would be about the same 40min race as we normally have
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

Okay good point lets make it 15 to be safe and give more a chance

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: Meyer#12 on August 11, 2017, 04:36:52 AM
Quote from: tchemi on August 10, 2017, 10:19:27 PM
Hey guys !!

I also think 20 laps will be a quite a bit too long with laps of 2.45-2.55.

fuel won't last as you say but tyres won't either. I think max 15 laps around here. It would be about the same 40min race as we normally have

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 11, 2017, 08:01:36 AM
Okay good point lets make it 15 to be safe and give more a chance

DD

As a devils advocate here: What about having 2-3 laps more in the race than we have fuel for so that we have to save fuel to finish the race? I think that would be great fun and add a very nice element of strategy into the race. Hehe! :D
It's just a thought..... I'm easy whatever you decide to do DD.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Some guys are not so good yet so I think it better to leave fuel management out until more people are up to it.

This is more for fun and learning to ride right now and we have enough problems with jumpstarts and DSQ in GPB!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 11, 2017, 08:34:11 AM
Some guys are not so good yet so I think it better to leave fuel management out until more people are up to it.

This is more for fun and learning to ride right now and we have enough problems with jumpstarts and DSQ in GPB!!!

DD

Yeah I understand what your saying there DD, no worries mate.  ;D 8)

But just to add that if and whenever we do have fuel saving races, these type of races will also promote riders bunching up throughout more of the race because a rider just cannot afford to just open the throttle and blast around as fast as he can for every lap, so it gives a chance for the slower riders to get involved in the race through the strategy of having to fuel save. But as you say DD, this is something for a future event. Thanks DD!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Meyer#12

Quote from: Hawk on August 11, 2017, 08:52:04 AM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 11, 2017, 08:34:11 AM

DD

Yeah I understand what your saying there DD, no worries mate.  ;D 8)

But just to add that if and whenever we do have fuel saving races, these type of races will also promote riders bunching up throughout more of the race because a rider just cannot afford to just open the throttle and blast around as fast as he can for every lap, so it gives a chance for the slower riders to get involved in the race through the strategy of having to fuel save. But as you say DD, this is something for a future event. Thanks DD!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

I agree! Would be a lot of fun :)

But i don't think with 250GP here it would be the best idea. the issue with for example the Gp250 would be that you have to slow down quite a lot to save fuel for 2-3 extra laps. As far as i have seen, 10 sec slower laps doesn't make too big of a difference on fuel usage.

For endurance bikes and races it would be fun! But for a GP250 race it is all about the full on race speed in my opinion :)

But i agree! Let's have an endurance race in the future where fuel saving and maybe tyre saving will be needed :D
Meyer#12

tchemi

DD is right on that spot !
Also, As Meyer said, tyre management will be a challenge !

So for me, 15 laps is very good !

Meyer#12

Quote from: tchemi on August 11, 2017, 10:05:12 AM
DD is right on that spot !
Also, As Meyer said, tyre management will be a challenge !

So for me, 15 laps is very good !

I think 15 laps is about the maximum we can do around here without too much of fuel and tyre management and also, 15 laps around Spa will be a quite long race ;)
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

Dont give a poo what any of you think

It is 15 laps BASSTA

lol

Meyer#12

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 11, 2017, 06:08:47 PM
Dont give a poo what any of you think

It is 15 laps BASSTA

lol

Haha sounds good!
Meyer#12

tchemi

August 11, 2017, 10:36:15 PM #14 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:37:55 PM by tchemi
Quote from: tchemi on August 02, 2017, 10:23:11 PM
so far I'm in 2.50.40 in race setup. Only did 5 laps and taken the setup from Imola. It is quite good here. Just changed the tyres and the gears ratio.
I manage to get 2.48.6. My race pace is around 2.50.xx  4 seconds slower than meyer on such a long track, I call that a good and promising performance :)
The rear tyre is the hard one, not too much deflated. I think it will  last all the race but we might see the threads in the last lap ^^