• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:50:29 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Core crashes

Started by BozoCRO, January 13, 2014, 10:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C21

February 04, 2014, 07:21:38 PM #90 Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:06:18 PM by C21
core.exe persistend.
Now on Aragon (HL server GP125) even worse than before. win 2000 comp mode helps to drive one to two laps than crash.
I´m fucked up... >:(
Piboso could you please add some AI (on empty server only!!)...(just joking :-) )
Hope the issue will be resolved with beta5....
I´m just getting nowhere...
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

ghostchild

C21, it seems that our issues are not a priority..  :(

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on February 04, 2014, 07:21:38 PM
win 2000 comp mode helps to drive one to two laps than crash.
That's a tiny good news, at least we don't have to rely on the next step which would have been Voodoo-based (the chicken whose blood would have been poured on your PC thanks you).

All the rest ... well, it sucks.

C21, ghostchild and whoever has the exact same problem (i.e. online OK if others are on the server, KO if empty server) post a detailed description of your systems ?

Hardware, drivers, OS, antivirus, firewall.

It's a very long shot, but as this problem seems to be very rare (you are the only 2-3 ones we know about) maybe we can try to see if there's something in common between your configs.
And anyway, you have nothing better to do (low blow, I know)  :P

MaX.

P.S.
Are we still on the problem discussed previously, i.e. online OK on servers with other players but not OK on empty servers ?
Cause if that's not the case, I'm not even sure if it's worth digging any more ...

ghostchild

Copy/paste from here: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=433.15
In that topic there are also all the (crazy) things I've tried...

My specs: Acer Aspire 5740G, Intel Core i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27 Ghz, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD5740 (drivers up to date), 640Gb Hard disk. Windows 7 Home 64.
ADSL Internet connection (download speed 7Mbs, upload speed 0.40Mbs, ping 30/40ms).
Avira Antivirus, Windows Firewall

And yes, we still are on the problem discussed previously  :(

C21

February 04, 2014, 09:47:56 PM #94 Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:02:21 PM by C21
Yes Max.
Cores after cores on empty servers.
If i join servers with players (today RTH 125GP in Assen and BrnoGP Open Class) i can play and have only the "normal" core.exe. I think i´ve played for 45min on the Brno Server...?? Then got a core. (i play still in win2000 comp mode and today played with open firewall on the desktop gamer).

Specs: (See post#63)
Desktop:
AMD 955BE (not overclocked) , 8 GB RAM DDR3 1600, Geforce 560TI 1GB RAM, Forceware 320.49, Win7 Enterprise 64bit SP1, Avira Antivirus, Win7 Firewall Control
- Never had online issues that way before on other games.

Laptop:
MSI GE60 2OE, Intel i7/4700MQ , 4GB RAM DDR3 1600, Geforce GTX765M 2GB RAM, Forceware 327.62, Win7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 (fresh and clean install), No Antivirus software, no additional firewall besides the basic win7 firewall

Checked Inet connection:
DL 5335kb/s , UL 172kb/s, Ping60, Connects 496p/s

I most have a ping of about 60/70 on the server.
Tried another inet connection of my mate , had a ping of 40/50 -> same complaint.
Both units have different static IP adresses.

Was convinced issue will be solved with the new laptop but the story continiues....

C21

I just had a look at #63  ;D
You´re too fast  ;)

HornetMaX

Hmm as expected, it lead nowhere, except proving Alzheimer is catching on me (as I didn't recall both you posting your config). Or maybe I'm a lazy dog. Or maybe both.

I'm officially out of reasonable ideas. The whole thing does not make any sense to me.

Only half-reasonable thing to try is this: if you have a friend which has GPB on a PC that works from his home, you may want to ask him to bring his PC at your home and try it.
If it works, we definitely know it's not a network thing (no big win but still).
If it doesn't work then we have a suspect.

Now the difficult question: do you have a friend ? :)

MaX.

Arvoss

Check your firewall and make sure you allow GP Bikes (core.exe). If this still doesn't work we will have to wait for the core fix... One day...

gdubmx

Ok so I bought the game this week and have had these core crashes quite a lot now whilst online. Does anyone actually have a fix for it and what's piboso say about it all? I've had a quick look about but can't seem to find a response from him regarding the issue. Thanks guys.. PS. Can u get zx10r's on this game?

ghostchild

welcome gdubmx  :)

I'd like to have an answer too, but so far... nothing.

Jose Reina

Fuck! He gave me three errors core.exe in 20 minutes!
Why?? This is solution??
The firewall is disabled for the CORE but every 5-10 minutes, when there are many people in the server, I get the core.
This afternoon VIctoria, but also in Assen for the championship, and elsewhere.
You get people to the server, and start giving me CORE
I have Windows7, idk if affect anything.
And I have installed the game on Hard Disk D
Any solution to this fucking fault?
thanks

Hawk

Quote from: gdubmx on February 07, 2014, 10:14:10 AM
Ok so I bought the game this week and have had these core crashes quite a lot now whilst online. Does anyone actually have a fix for it and what's piboso say about it all? I've had a quick look about but can't seem to find a response from him regarding the issue. Thanks guys.. PS. Can u get zx10r's on this game?

Quote from: ghostchild on February 07, 2014, 01:17:30 PM
welcome gdubmx  :)

I'd like to have an answer too, but so far... nothing.

Quote from: Jose Reina on February 07, 2014, 06:50:36 PM
Fuck! He gave me three errors core.exe in 20 minutes!
Why?? This is solution??
The firewall is disabled for the CORE but every 5-10 minutes, when there are many people in the server, I get the core.
This afternoon VIctoria, but also in Assen for the championship, and elsewhere.
You get people to the server, and start giving me CORE
I have Windows7, idk if affect anything.
And I have installed the game on Hard Disk D
Any solution to this fucking fault?
thanks

The Core.exe system crash is a well known problem.

We are all in hope that Piboso will sort out this problem in the next beta release.

Please be patient, this is beta software and therefore is not a final finished product. ;)

C21

@Jose
I know exactly and understand that you´re pissed off.
But this is not a reason for use of rude language!
It is how it is....some don´t get core.exe others are "assassinated" by core.exe (like me and you and ghostchild and and and....).
It´s still Beta and not a RC.
I pray that the issue will be solved.....
Read over the forum in the core.exe topics and try something that was mentiones there.
If it did not work...congratulation.... you´re one of a few suffering this complaint....

Jose Reina

Sorry for the language (I do not think it has been too) but this bug annoys me too
I've been reading something about the failure, of having to reinstall and stuff, I will continue investigating, but I doubt that a simple reinstallation solve the problem ...
Hopefully a new version is the solution to this problem suffer a few.
A greeting!