• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:45:27 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

VR : Do not watch the bike when falling

Started by tchemi, September 05, 2017, 09:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tchemi

Hello !

In VR, if you fall in 1st or 3rd Person view, the camera locks on the bike. And if the bike spins during the fall, puke in the helmet garantee !!!
Is it possible to keep the camera fixed somewhere to avoid the motion sickness ?

teeds

Eheh. This has been improved, at first the view stayed locked to the back of the bike as it tumbled, I had to close my eyes when this happened to avoid a very bad feeling. Now it's locked to behind the bikes travel regardless of its orientation, I find this is fine for me now.

Which HMD do you have tchemi? And you use 3rd person in VR??  :o

tchemi

No, but when you fall, the camera goes to the bike even if you were riding in 1st P.
I have a HTC Vive and to be honest I didn't tried the B12 since Piboso said that that the alternative view mode isn't enable yet. I just remembered how awfull it was to fall in VR.

finpower

tchemi.ich have exactly the same problem.
-3 round and then spit on me.
somehow but the camera must be fixed.
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

teeds

Quote from: tchemi on September 05, 2017, 10:31:35 AM
No, but when you fall, the camera goes to the bike even if you were riding in 1st P.
I have a HTC Vive and to be honest I didn't tried the B12 since Piboso said that that the alternative view mode isn't enable yet. I just remembered how awfull it was to fall in VR.

Yea it going to 3rd person upon crashing is not what I expected but I guess all views are driven by the bikes position and not the riders. I can imagine the view from a tumbling rider would be far from nice in VR.

tchemi

I didn't suggest to look at something else than the bike. I just suggest something more steady, to avoid sickness when falling.