• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:19:07 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

The unrideables

Started by badexample69, September 10, 2017, 12:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badexample69

September 10, 2017, 12:39:14 AM Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 02:58:10 AM by badexample69

MultiCOOLFRESH

Yeah, I watched both movies. Both movies are good, but nothing special  :P
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

grimm

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on September 10, 2017, 08:59:33 AM
Yeah, I watched both movies. Both movies are good, but nothing special  :P

Really? I loved seeing the interviews with the men that lived that era. Eddie Lawson talking about his conversations with Kenny Roberts about riding a 500 for the first time was a glimpse into the fact these were real men, with real fears, piloting the most brutal, powerful, fastest motorcycles on the planet at the time. Same goes with Schwantz talking about his years in 500GP, and the duel to the end with Rainey. The rivalries through the years highlighted just how personal it got. Beats the hell out of the structure and regulation that motorcycle racing is now... at least for me, a man feeling his age more and more as the years go by... hard to believe it's been 20+ years since, a very young version of me sat in front of a tube TV with a bowl of cereal in the morning, watching the 500's dice for position. Hard to imagine I watched the move from 2 to 4 stroke engines and lost interest in GP racing because of it.  :-\

Hawk

+1 Grimm.... Fantastic documentary! ;D 8)

Watched it many times! ;D

MultiCOOLFRESH

Well, I think they could have done more, a little bit like hitting the apex :)
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />