• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Bike SIM Experience - new motorcycle game?

Started by KG_03, September 14, 2017, 09:01:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

Myst1cPrun3

Myst1cPrun3

Early access on steam, and ai??? Oh boy I'm buying this later

Myst1cPrun3

October 15, 2019, 11:01:02 am #153 Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 11:04:19 am by Myst1cPrun3

Mimo750

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on October 15, 2019, 10:46:31 amEarly access on steam, and ai??? Oh boy I'm buying this later

Do you happen to find the steam link or something? Seems i cannot find it there or is it really even out for early access?

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Mimo750 on October 15, 2019, 12:49:30 pm
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on October 15, 2019, 10:46:31 amEarly access on steam, and ai??? Oh boy I'm buying this later

Do you happen to find the steam link or something? Seems i cannot find it there or is it really even out for early access?

I don't think it's up yet, but soon they said. Nearer end of year

Mimo750

Ohh i also read end of year but i thought for the final version not earl access. Oh well we wait then maybe at November.

August1

The wheels on the bikes are still pointing the wrong way during high angles of lean, i.e. perpetual power slides. It's been like that since the first videos came out and the issue has yet to be fixed.

KG_03

I really can't wait for the game to be released but after looking at recent videos Im holding my excitement. Still it seems that the helmet camera is not there. I think that the game will not be released this year. Time is running fast :-(

JohnnoNinja

connorhall70

GanjaGod

August1

November 11, 2019, 03:14:19 pm #162 Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 03:16:35 pm by August1
Quote from: KG_03 on November 09, 2019, 09:06:31 pmI really can't wait for the game to be released but after looking at recent videos Im holding my excitement. Still it seems that the helmet camera is not there. I think that the game will not be released this year. Time is running fast :-(

Actually one of their first videos from more than a year ago featured a helmet cam: https://youtu.be/vGc3rbKZehg?t=82

They were at EICMA for several days and anyone there could've had a go on it. They also had the game rigged up to a full motion simulator with a real 2020 BMW S1000RR and yet not a single proper gameplay video has been released yet. It's like they're doing everything they can to be the exact opposite of GP Bikes - getting as many real-life sponsorships and shoutouts as they can (remember when there was excitement a few years ago about a possible offical Isle of Man sponsoship deal for GP Bikes?) and not releasing a single bit of footage that actually shows what a player would experience playing the game even though everything so far points to the game already being much more feature complete than GP Bikes. Very fustrating to say the least.

Hawk

Quote from: August1 on November 11, 2019, 03:14:19 pm
Quote from: KG_03 on November 09, 2019, 09:06:31 pmI really can't wait for the game to be released but after looking at recent videos Im holding my excitement. Still it seems that the helmet camera is not there. I think that the game will not be released this year. Time is running fast :-(

Actually one of their first videos from more than a year ago featured a helmet cam: https://youtu.be/vGc3rbKZehg?t=82

They were at EICMA for several days and anyone there could've had a go on it. They also had the game rigged up to a full motion simulator with a real 2020 BMW S1000RR and yet not a single proper gameplay video has been released yet. It's like they're doing everything they can to be the exact opposite of GP Bikes - getting as many real-life sponsorships and shoutouts as they can (remember when there was excitement a few years ago about a possible offical Isle of Man sponsoship deal for GP Bikes?) and not releasing a single bit of footage that actually shows what a player would experience playing the game even though everything so far points to the game already being much more feature complete than GP Bikes. Very fustrating to say the least.

The reason BSE will be a lot more feature rich than GPBikes for such a short term of development is cause the Devs of BSE used a game SDK for development(Unity) instead of bespoke code for everything like Piboso has done.

The big question with BSE will be: Will the Devs be able to match or even surpass Piboso's bespoke physics engine too? If not then the real feel will not be there and no doubt the game will end up thrown in the bottom cupboard after a week or two instead of being played for a great length of time like GPB tends to be like?

KG_03

You are guys right in everything you write. I asked them about  why they chose Unity, and the answer was its better for simulations. I believe it will not be as good as GP Bikes in terms of simulation, but I expect it to be are realistic then Milestone games. We will see

@August1 thanks! I must have missed that. There is indeed a few seconds of helmet camera.