• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:55:35 PM

trail braking

Started by Become dust, October 22, 2017, 08:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Become dust

Quote from: lbracen8x on October 24, 2017, 12:47:32 AM
I believe that I trail brake but I know it can be an illusion and in reality you may not be trail braking. Anyway, when I was first going I was getting killed in the brakes, especially while turning in. I started holding my lean backwards longer and you start to feel you can brake harder and have more stability while turning in. I have manual body positioning and it allows you to lean the bike while being back on the seat and staying inline with the bike, where as with auto rider positioning as soon as you begin turning the rider starts to lean towards the turn.

hmm... yeah, it does look very odd from my own standpoint of view perhaps manual learn will give me a better idea of how this trail-braking works...
i don't have any disbeliefs anymore just curious to see if i can execute it myself beneficially

Become dust

Quote from: connorhall70 on October 24, 2017, 06:36:42 AM
i used trail braking a lot on the gp125 to get the record round Victoria, i believe it is essential on that bike anyway, since you can lean too far off, and it helps with stabilisation on corner entrance, and in a way it limits the lean angle lol, its personal preference, depends what line you take.

i do not have any specific line and just try and do a basic corner entry aiming for apex, just want to see the benefits myself and execute it properly.
thus i want to "do it right"