• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:56:50 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Display Stutter...

Started by uberslug, November 04, 2017, 10:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uberslug

I am experiencing some freezing, jumpiness, or stutter during simulation.

I have an i7-6700K with 32 GB of ram running at 4.00 Ghz, a relatively fast SSD, a GeForce GTX 1070 running at 2560 x 1440, and a 550 watt power supply. As you can see in this screen shot I have the frame monitor running and it shows 166 frames per second [the MSI and GeForce monitors show the values in a range from 140 to 165 fps but are not captured in the screen shot].

At times it looks as though the display leaps past a bunch of frames when going underneath banners, past braking markers, or over curbs. It is also evident on the exit of some slow corners on Motegi. It seems to go away after a reboot and then reappears after opening Chrome and / or Solid Edge. CPU utilization seems reasonable at approximately 80 percent of one thread, GPU utilization bounces between 60 and 80 percent, and GPU power runs at about 50 percent.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong.

vali_grad

November 05, 2017, 08:17:46 AM #1 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:24:09 AM by vali_grad
you're using other software to enhance the game ? like Reshade ?
do you have a custom profile in your graphics card ? you messed with some settings ? you have the latest display driver ?
what are your game graphics settings ?
you have the same problem with stock moto and victoria map ? (without the plugin?)
you must use LAA  for new big maps https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/
new sim in town ? ping me !

doubledragoncc

I had this happen to me with a Windows update

It was how windows was managing memory, sorry but cant remember of my head what I did but I will try to look back into it.

I solved it by the old google serch lol will see if I can find the old links

Try running other games and do some tests

run a monitor for memory if you can

Drink more Jack Daniels lol

Do NOT hit PC with a hammer!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

uberslug

Quote from: vali_grad on November 05, 2017, 08:17:46 AM
you're using other software to enhance the game ? like Reshade ?
Nope
do you have a custom profile in your graphics card ?
Nope
you messed with some settings ?
Nope
you have the latest display driver ?
Yep
what are your game graphics settings ?
you have the same problem with stock moto and victoria map ?
Yep
Quote(without the plugin?)
Will try this
you must use LAA  for new big maps https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/
Already installed

KG_03

maybe its not the ingame graphics setttings but the windows graphic cards setting. Do you use default or other settings?

uberslug

uberslug

So, after 10 or so hours of futzing with settings, drivers, and reading everything I could find on the internet, I think I have determined that I am just plain #*%&@$!

Actually, it's not all that bad.

I tried a number of gee whiz settings and they either did nothing or made matters worse. The micro stuttering got to the point where I could have sworn there was someone spinning a propeller in front of my eyes whilst I attempted to ride around. The stuttering increased in frequency the longer I rode around until it was nearly constant. The largest lapses were entering and exiting slow corners but they [the stutters] would be everywhere [made it difficult to hit braking / turning points].

I eventually read about how the latest NVidia drivers are not playing well with the latest Windows 10 Update. The drivers for my GeForce GTX1070 were updated just before the latest Windows 10 update and then everything went to *%()#. I thought I would try to go back to the drivers from MSI which are from much earlier in the year.

I removed the latest NVidia drivers, rebooted, and Windows somehow magically reinstalled the NVidia 388.00 drivers without the associated NVidia Experience drivers / applications.

Low and behold, it is 99.99 percent stutter free and running at anywhere between 135 to 165 FPS.

I will do some more testing in the coming days to see if the performance holds or if it gets better / worse.

poumpouny

I had same problem mounth ago, i was due to MaxHud plugin, i resolve it by turning off all HUD and then re-turn it on.

HornetMaX

Quote from: poumpouny on November 09, 2017, 07:12:22 AM
I had same problem mounth ago, i was due to MaxHud plugin, i resolve it by turning off all HUD and then re-turn it on.
Err, that would be very strange man.

KG_03

I have sometimes stuttering when FPS drop below synchronised number.

HornetMaX

Quote from: KG13 on November 09, 2017, 11:18:08 AM
I have sometimes stuttering when FPS drop below synchronised number.
What's a "synchronised number" ?
What hw are you using (CPU, GPU) ?

Theoretically it is possible for the plugin to slow things down a bit, but to be honest it should be totally unnoticeable unless your hw is barely capable to run GPB.

And the fact that switching the plugin widgets OFF and then ON solved the issue would tend to indicated that there's a problem somewhere else.

poumpouny

Max > yes very strange (it may be a coincidence also but if i remember i did i 2 times), since that i don't have the problem anymore but had another one, randomly some hud shows and some not, and the only way i can re turn it on is by changing the HUD scale !

KG_03

@HornetMaX when I play on 75 fps with V sync on then on some parts of the tracks like Catalunya when FPS drop to 70 or lower then the screen starts to stutter like there was much less than 30 fps. I do not use nVidia adaptive sync just fixed on 60 or 75 fps. 

HornetMaX

Quote from: poumpouny on November 09, 2017, 12:43:30 PM
Max > yes very strange (it may be a coincidence also but if i remember i did i 2 times), since that i don't have the problem anymore but had another one, randomly some hud shows and some not, and the only way i can re turn it on is by changing the HUD scale !
Very weird. I'll have a look (when I can, PC is down at the moment).

Quote from: KG13 on November 09, 2017, 12:59:09 PM
@HornetMaX when I play on 75 fps with V sync on then on some parts of the tracks like Catalunya when FPS drop to 70 or lower then the screen starts to stutter like there was much less than 30 fps. I do not use nVidia adaptive sync just fixed on 60 or 75 fps. 
Vsync is a bad idea anyway. If you have gsync or freesync, use that. If not, then just don't use vsync.
Not sure your problem will go away, but vsync is generally considered bad for games that need a "solid connection between inputs and display refresh".

KG_03

I understand. So I will try nvidia sync. Thank you for information :-)